I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:23:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Dentist Visit
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dentist Visit  (Read 7536 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 08:54:32 PM »

I had a cleaning last Tuesday and they found old fillings and a cavity.  Sucks rocks!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 08:21:54 AM »

I can never decide which is worse -- the dentist or *that* annual exam.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
cambonesegirl

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 08:11:06 PM »

Four wisdom teeth are coming out.

I soon will have to do the same, Feb. 7th 2008 to be exact. And I'm in total fear of it all. You hear about people getting one or two taken out and it's awful. I will be having all four taken out at the same time! The procedure is going to be done in the hospital because of all my health problems. I am very scared of the outcome and how I'm going to feel afterwards.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 08:59:28 PM »

Good Luck Cambonesegirl!   Good pain killers, at least!   :lol;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 01:15:59 AM »

Four wisdom teeth are coming out.

I soon will have to do the same, Feb. 7th 2008 to be exact. And I'm in total fear of it all. You hear about people getting one or two taken out and it's awful. I will be having all four taken out at the same time! The procedure is going to be done in the hospital because of all my health problems. I am very scared of the outcome and how I'm going to feel afterwards.
If it makes you feel any better, I was advised to have ALL of my teeth removed, to prevent infections when I get my transplant. It was outpatient, and overall, went well. It did take 4 hours, but I was able to go home that day, then to dialysis the next morning. I hope it goes well for you too, good luck   :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
cambonesegirl

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 05:11:04 PM »

I agree with you Joe Paul. I fear that the day they call me for a transplant I would have an infection and they would deny me my transplant. So *cross fingers* that does not happen!
silverhead

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2007, 08:30:48 PM »

Because of family history of really poor teeth, and we believe poor diet at a young age, (WW2) my dentist and I agreed the best route was to remove them all because of failing fillings and recurrent infections, he removed 6 one day, and it was misery afterwords, especially with bone fragments coming out for some time, I told him I was really apprehensive to finish the work, He set up an appointment with an oral Surgeon, they took impressions and had upper and lower plates made, I went in one morning, they put me to sleep and the next thing I knew was waking up with plates in place and no teeth, keeping the plates in helped keep the swelling down and I never had a single chip problem. my overall health improved a lot after that, so no regrets........
Tom

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 08:41:15 PM »

I have soft teeth due to my Mom, my sisters have the same.  Almost all my teeth have fillings and loads of them are old.  Due to all the old fillings, my teeth are starting to crack.

I have 3 root canals and crowns.  Today was the 3rd one, which I had was supposed to have done last week, but I was so nervous that the novacaine wouldn't work on me.  My Dr. prescribed me 2 valium to take 1 hour before the appt.  Thankfully that worked and I was able to have the root canal done, the crown comes in a month.  I don't know how anyone can take valium on a regular basis.  It made me feel so disconnected.  I even fell asleep while they were working on my teeth.

I have 2 more crowns and a root canal to go.  Insurance pays 80%, root canals and crowns cost 1,000 each.  Merry Christmas to me!

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »