I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  It's official - Dialysis has taken over my life!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's official - Dialysis has taken over my life!!  (Read 2442 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« on: June 07, 2006, 05:35:20 PM »

As I said in another post, I spent the weekend in Puerto Rico.  My sister (in faith) was taking her daughter to a youth camp of the church in Puerto Rico, and I went along for the weekend (we had a holiday here this Monday).
The weekend went well, but when we arrived at the airport on Monday morning at 9.30 to take an 11.20 plane back to the Virgin Islands, (about 30 mins flying time) we found the airport just full of people.
The volcano in Montserrat (look it up) had been spouting loads of ash and all the nearby islands were affected.  American Eagle (which was our airline) does not fly when there is ash - something to do with the jet-prop engines.   I knew I had to be back for my dialysis on Monday midday, so a group of us had to charter a propeller-engined plane ( at $191 each!!!!).  Well, we never reached until about 6.00 p.m.  My cousin had called the dialysis unit and they said that I had to come in Tuesday morning at 7.30.
A sympathetic nurse told me that the authorities are going to sit me down and have a go at me concerning my travelling arrangements.  I told him that even if I had tried to leave Sunday, those flights had been cancelled anyway.  He told me "This (tapping the dialysis machine) is the most important thing to you right now". 
Can you imagine that???  Do you mean to say that even my weekend travelling has to be curtailed now?  That was the only thing I was holding onto!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:49:53 PM »

All you ever read or hear form Dialysis Associated Publications is "Traveling is easy on dialysis"  "Don't let Dialysis stop you from Traveling".

Then when it comes down to it they fight you.  BS!  You go and travel and make them work!

I'm trying to go to Seattle for a family reunion and you would think they are doing me the "biggest" favor.  SHIT!  I'm still paying them!

Panda_9

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 07:52:36 PM »

I think its BS too. I cant visit my parents or grandparents for more than one night, as the closest Dx units are too far away to make it worth visiting. I would love to see the nxstage come in over here, it would be just great. I dont know much about it though. Our unit is trying to get a campervan thats fitted out with a machine which sounds good. Only my other half said "I aint driving a camper all that way"  >:(
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »