I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 04:13:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Occasional urination?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Occasional urination?  (Read 2225 times)
SheilaW

« on: November 25, 2007, 04:20:33 PM »

When I first ended up with ESRD, I didn't pee at all.  Not for weeks.  Then I started to trickle a bit.  Now I pee an almost normal amount once every few days....surely less than a quart during an entire week.  And almost always only when I just get out of bed in the morning. 

I plan on talking to my dr about it on Tuesday, but I'm curious what you guys have to say about it now.  Does it mean I'm regaining function?  Is it normal to pee some...but not much? 
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 04:28:56 PM »

Jenna never quit urinating - doctor said it's "quality, not quantity" - so the volume is not a good measure of how well your kidney's are removing toxins.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 09:09:10 PM »

I've been on dialysis now for over 15 months I will go a little once a day usualy when I wake up. It's very exciting ;D...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 05:57:45 AM »

I go a lot when I wake up in the morning and then its just a dribble and a drabble during the day.

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
silverhead

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:48:09 AM »

Because Sharon had severe scar tissue issues in her Ureters (tubes from kidneys to bladder) her kidneys failed, right one has stopped completely and shrunk in size, her left one still produces between 2000-2500 mll daily, but it is just urine without any actual or very little filtering, this is drained thru a Nephrostomy tube entering her back and into the left Kidney and attached to a bedside drain bag or a small bag for travel, the tube needs changing about every 6-8 weeks because of clogging problems, but she has developed what amounts to a "buttonhole" in the back and the Interventional Radiologists only take about 20 minutes to replace it. We hope the kidney keeps up this function, because it means we only have to pull off .1 to .2 each treatment. Interestingly, we have found that if we keep a close eye on her BP and when it starts to rise and she starts feeling lousy it is time to schedule a tube change and within a few days after the change she returns to "normal".
I sure wish i could kick the butt of the Urologist that treated her for what he claimed were kidney stones (never took any tests to prove this), just put in catheters to aid the draining, when that did not work, he had the catheters replaced and was puzzled as to why that did not work, Sharon screamed at him to get out of the hospital room and demanded a new Urologist, who quickly discovered that it was a scar tissue problem, but by then the damage had been done and we are left with what we have now. Lesson learned: you really have to take charge of your own care, question everything and if in doubt demand a second opinion........

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 08:22:06 AM »

Karol said it best.

Quality! NOT Quantity

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »