I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 04:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Hot Ears
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hot Ears  (Read 3783 times)
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« on: November 15, 2007, 05:56:24 AM »

From time to time usually about twice a week my ears get steaming hot. It's worse if I get them at bed time. I put my head on a nice cool pillow and within about a minute it feels like a like I've put my head in a radiator. I 'm wondering if it's another symptom of blood toxins. I've asked my GP and he doesn't know what the cause is. I don't suppose any research has been done to ever find out. Any more hot ears out there?

Ken
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 06:03:34 AM »

He he, Ken it looks like im following you round the forum! Yes i have had 'hot ears' but it only lasted for about 2 weeks , then went as suddenly as it came , sorry i dont know the cause either.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 08:34:54 PM »

I get inflamed cheeks and chin area every now and then.  Weird, huh?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »

I get them from time to time and my 8 year old son does too.  I wonder what it means?

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »

How are your ears doing, Ken?    I think that would be a very appropriate nickname for you!  Seriously, I do hope the problem is going away.       So, the next time someone yells "Hey Hot Ears!"  you'll know it is me! :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 04:38:47 PM »

Actually I get that quite a bit. My doctor thinks it is an adrenal gland issue which is attached to the kidney. Thats all I know.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 06:34:19 PM »

I better say it again, just in case you thought I was being too silly.  I do worry about you Ken and do hope the whole ear thing doesn't bother you too much.  You know I think you're special!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 04:50:48 AM »

I better say it again, just in case you thought I was being too silly.  I do worry about you Ken and do hope the whole ear thing doesn't bother you too much.  You know I think you're special!

Thank you my most loyal lady Paris for your concern. A thought I might get a few joky responses with this thread. I guess I asked for it.

Hmmm come to think of it I only started getting hot ears when I let you and Romona loose with my credit card. :rofl; :rofl;

Ken
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »

No, I have never had "hot ears."  My feet burn sometimes.  I would recomment putting your head on a bag of frozen peas.... well no then you would have frost bite.  Hope you find an answer.

livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 06:43:28 AM »

I've never heard of "hot ears", this is an interesting thread.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 09:38:32 AM »

Before my transplant I had hot ears sometimes too. They felt like they were sunburnt or wind burnt. They would itch too.

I think it is a sign of superior intelligence.  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 05:17:11 PM »

Romona, how did we become responsible for Ken's hot ears?  I guess if it is just his ears-------- :rofl;

Ken, any solution to the problem yet?  Is it random? Related to any foods or drinks?   Take care!

Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

Romona, how did we become responsible for Ken's hot ears? I guess if it is just his ears-------- :rofl;

Ken, any solution to the problem yet? Is it random? Related to any foods or drinks? Take care!

Hey remember we saw him without his shirt..............he's just down right "hot".
Quite dishy >:D
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 03:25:48 AM »

Romona, how did we become responsible for Ken's hot ears?  I guess if it is just his ears-------- :rofl;

Ken, any solution to the problem yet?  Is it random? Related to any foods or drinks?   Take care!

Can't tell as I eat more or less what I want except drink milk. I've had the problem for years, maybe it's not kidney related. The trouble  with this disease is you straight away think that any little ailment is a symptom of the next step of deterioration in kidney function. This weekend for example I haven't been feeling well and I started thinking all sorts of things. And then this morning I woke up with a sore throat and runny nose. So there you are, I was just sickening for a common cold.

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 03:28:08 AM »

Romona, how did we become responsible for Ken's hot ears? I guess if it is just his ears-------- :rofl;

Ken, any solution to the problem yet? Is it random? Related to any foods or drinks? Take care!

Hey remember we saw him without his shirt..............he's just down right "hot".
Quite dishy >:D

Awwww..stop it..... I'm blushing. Flattery wil get you everywhere :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Ken
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »