I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 11:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Mom out of hospital
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mom out of hospital  (Read 3536 times)
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« on: November 01, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »

They sent mom home this morning. They've been saying 'a few more days' and Cathy got there at 9am and mom was already dressed- we had no clue. Got all her meds. They took her off the gout medicine, added Plavix of course, and Nitro. Took her off glucafage and upped her insulin to 30 (from 16). Cathy was in the store and mom was in the car so I was talking to her on the cell. She said she felt shakey. Going to get home, take a shower and sleep. I'll be going after work.

Her creatine was down to 3.5 yesterday. Her blood pressure was 172/83 at 6:30pm last night. I was concerned and told the nurse who said it should go down after her meds at 9pm. How is she going to know if it's high? I don't know how they are going to monitor her.

Yesterday when the kidney doc /assistant told mom her numbers were down, she said 'let's get the fistula done today!' Cathy said, "We are not doing that during this hospital stay. She still isn't cleared from this reaction!" Mom goes 11/6 to see kidney doctor. I feel better that she deals directly with him.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »

Glad your Mom is home.  Also glad she will see her neph in a few days.  Take care of yourself and get some well earned rest. :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 09:26:44 AM »

Hi, wish I could say mom is doing better. She still has issues and no answers - especially about the reaction. She now has an infection in her heel where the red marks were darkest. My sister is treating it with neosporin. The nurse told my mom to just put lotion with no perfume on it. She will see her pcp soon and the kidney doc tomorrow. I wasn't going to go (due to time issues at work), but it is too important. My sister will be there but I will feel better going too.

Cathy said mom's fingers are peeling and it doesn't even look like she has a fingerprint on her thumb. Mom's skin got real red and tight and crackly looking with the reaction. She isn't red, but itched a bit and got her benadryl. This could just be part of the healing process. We are just guessing because the docs don't know anything.

Mom is breathing hard even just sitting. She can't walk very far without having to rest. Cathy is going to have the doc test to see if she should be put on oxygen.

talk to you all soon. take care!

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:08:50 AM »

It's always nice to get home. Hope she feels better soon.  :grouphug;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 05:28:43 PM »

Thank you for the update ODAT, i hope she is starting to feel better by now :)  Did they put her on oxygen yet?  are they sure she doesnt have fluid in her lungs?  :popcorn;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 07:17:45 AM »

Cathy is taking mom to the primary today to ask about oxygen and the sleep apnea they said she had (while in hospital). I know the tests for sleep apnea include overnight stays. Talked to a friend at work and he said two nights. First night to make sure you have it, and second night to determine air pressure.

goofynina, how would the fluid get in her lungs? like pnemonia?

I just read in the Enquirer that kidney patients who've had dye with MRI's may have hardened skin as a result. I'm pretty sure that's what mom has. Her fingertips are all peeling and her ankle looks crusty and nasty. Not sure if the dye in the angiogram is the same used in MRIs, but it is a question. This notice had a number to call to submit your claim.

I'll post after her pcp appt.

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 07:33:22 AM »

Poor MOM! I hope she can be comfortable soon.
That dye reaction is mentioned here too http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=2836.0
Take care ODAT!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »

Thanks for all your work okarol keeping us up to date on news. I'm waiting to hear how mom's pcp appt went and what the doc said about her skin. Ya know, it pisses me off that they won't commit to what caused such an adverse reaction. I've researched myself to see that a lot of her symptoms matched to Plavix, but even saying that they did not commit. The cardiologist said they've only seen 2 or 3 cases. Ok, what happened then? Unfortunately, I was not there when this doc talked to my mom and sister.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »