I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  does it ever end?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: does it ever end?  (Read 3836 times)
poohkari

Wade and I.

« on: August 20, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

Since Wade got sick, we havent had a break. You know that saying "when it rains, it pours?" = thats totally us!

Wade and I had to sublet our old apartment, to an aquaintance of Wades. He ended up getting arrested, being a slob, ruining the apartment, making it smell, getting the place broken into, not payin rent - then we find out he never finished filling out the sublet paperwork, so WE are responsible. And now the guy refuses to vacate the apartment. To make it even shadier, there are 2 people we've never seen before crashing on the living room floor, and these d-bags have changed the locks on the apartment, so the landlord isnt helping us at all! ARgh!!!!!

I've had to take a bunch of time off work to help out, since im the only one here for him, which I dont mind, but financially we're soooo screwed. Wades parents are able to help him out somewhat financially, and i'm working as much as I can, but its so hard. Its even worse, because my parents aren't in any situation to help me out (in fact, i used to help them!) and we're just totally drowning! Plus, I just started my job a little over a month ago, so i'm so scared to take any more time off. Luckily, my job is very flexible, and when i'm there I work really hard and they appreciate and understand our situation. I just feel so inadequate.

Ugh! I just want some kind of good thing to happen - i'm just so sick of being broke and miserable, but having to keep that positive happy face up! Can i PLEEAAAASE just win the lottery already?

Girlfriend of Wade, on dialysis since 5/11/07 and NxStage since 8/20/07. We're hoping for a transplant as soon as his "FGP" is gone!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 04:34:02 PM »

Prayers on the way.  :grouphug;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:18:52 PM »

Just remember one thing, Love conquers all, (unfortunately it doesnt pay the bills) but it does conquer all,  :2thumbsup;  sending prayers and good thoughts your way from Sunny California, Good luck to both of you  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:54:03 PM »

I'm so sorry you're having all this trouble.
Hope things turn around for you soon.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
letaek

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »

Sending you good vibes*** Hope things turn around for you soon

Will always love you Dad-hemo for 2 years & passed away 10.28.07
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »

In your spare time  :sarcasm; do some on-line research to find what you need to do to evict the d-bags.  Laws vary from state to state. 

Could they possibly be using illegal drugs?  Maybe tell the the landlord you suspect drug use and if he doesn't help you evict them, you're going to call the cops.  If he still doesn't help, maybe a quick call on a Friday to the local cops regarding strange odors which lead you believe that may be the case and you want that investigated.  Because the lease is still in your name you can give the cops permission to search.  Maybe you could arrange to meet the cops there in the early AM (before 5 AM) on a Sat, before the "tenants" have time to clean up the drug stuff from the night before.  If you have to work on Sat, the early time will also leave you time to get to work so you don't miss any more. :twocents;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
angellady07

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 04:45:19 AM »

My prayers are with you. I hope your situation improves.
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 06:54:15 AM »

I hope things improve.

Sending good prayers and thoughts your way.

Amanda
xxoo

:cuddle;
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 03:13:22 PM »

poohkari
I wish I could really give you a hug.  :grouphug; I know exactly how you feel

willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »