I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:37:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Low Blood Pressure= scary
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Low Blood Pressure= scary  (Read 1528 times)
karen547

« on: January 05, 2008, 06:29:32 AM »

Hi everyone, hope you all had a nice new years! Anywho last night I had a lil scare at treatment. I was doing fine up until the last 10 minutes. I suddenly felt as if I were going to be sick and pass out. I was extremely hot. I told my techs and they returned my blood. I have not had this happen for a few weeks which I guess is good but it sure is scary when it happens!
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:46:03 AM »

Did you get your BP checked when this was going on?? To me that is a sign that you reached or are close to taking to much fluid off which will drop your BP to levels that will make you feel that way. Please stay on top of that...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 03:23:56 PM »

this  is  commonly  refered  to  as  "going  flat"  you  get  the  feeling  that  your  going  to  pass  out.

this  is  generally  associated  with  pulling  to  much  fluid  off  or  also  if  you  eat  a  big  meal  anywhere  up to  a  couple  of  hours  before  treatment.

if  you  are  aware  of  it  coming  on  yell  and  scream  for  a  nurse,  they  should  flip  the  chair  back,give  you  100/200 mls  of  saline  and  you'll  be  as  good  as  new  in  a  few  minutes. :thumbup;

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »