I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Team Fresenius Medical Care NKFI Gift of Life Walk 2007
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team Fresenius Medical Care NKFI Gift of Life Walk 2007  (Read 3396 times)
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« on: May 31, 2007, 06:52:07 AM »

The clinics have been collecting money from their communities to sponsor them in the NKF Gift of Life Walk 2007 for a while now, but Fresenius has just released an online site that anyone can go to to donate money towards the NKF Gift of Life Walk 2007.  Since the site just opened there are no funds showing at this time, but I know some of the clinics have already collected a good deal of money towards this cause.  I am of course not asking anyone to sponsor Fresenius, but if you or anyone you know wants to pitch in it goes to a good cause that you all know is trying to help.  The link to the site is www.firstgiving.com/Fresenius or if you want to sign up as a walker and raise your own funds you can go to www.firstgiving.com/nkfi and register.

It's not easy being green.
HappyPenguin

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 03:57:40 PM »

This is actually a Great way for us to raise money for our clinics. In Mississippi, not sure of other states, our chapter of the National Kidney Foundation sets up an account for each dialysis facility. Any money raised by that facility is placed into their account. Instead of raising money to be used anywhere, we raise money that directly benefits our clinic's patients.
   In the past we have used this money for several things, party and gifts for the patients, transportation costs to and from dialysis for patients awaiting medicare/medicaid, costs of medications for patients when they need extras, and once we gave money for a patient to travel out of state for a family members funeral. This has worked out nicely for our clinic. When you can actually see the results of your efforts on a local level, it really makes the effort worthwhile.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 04:44:07 PM »

HappyPenquin, we all want to be were you are! :clap;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »