I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 08:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  should i wait it out??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: should i wait it out??  (Read 2438 times)
karen547

« on: November 20, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »

I told the nurse practioner I have been experiencing anxiety and have not been sleeping well lately- today I slept pretty much all day and was on the verge of crying for the most part.
I usually am an upbeat girl and am happy-go-lucky, but lately it's been hard to stay positive and think that I will be okay. Maybe 20mg of Prozac is not enough? I will give it some time but not too much, this is not a fun way to feel
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 02:07:25 PM »

Could it just be the time of year? It seems a lot of us get a little more down in the dumps this time of year. If that's not it was there a medicine change recently? or maybe it is the prozac.

Hope you feel perky soon. :grouphug;
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 02:28:51 PM »

Don't know what to say. Just offering moral support. :grouphug;
oswald

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 02:57:11 PM »

:grouphug;

ESRD 11/95
1st Transplant 7/1996 (failed; Nephrectomy 12/1996)
2nd Transplant 3/1999 (lasted 6 years)
3rd Transplant 5/2007 (lasted 4 years)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 10:09:03 PM »

Keep going. If you feel you need more meds go get them.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
karen547

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 05:23:35 AM »

I told Theresa the NP that I was having difficulty sleeping and with anxiety and she suggested to wait it out!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 05:37:57 AM »

I am not sure what good "waiting it out" will do.  Can you talk to your doctor?  Not sleeping and being depressed is not helping your overall health.  Keep pushing for answers.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 05:39:43 AM »

I would try to hang on and see if it passes. Most of us have sleep problems on here , so its not unusual for you to be having this problem. As for the anxiety maybe try and work through that. I found i started to have 'panic' attacks , although i had never had them before in my life (and i have had some really stressful situations!) but the strangest thing was i would get them at really funny times , like sitting quietly watching tv or even wake up in the middle of the night with them! .I was given the option of 'pills' but decided i already take enough. It all really depends on how strong you are and how much you can cope with it .

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 06:46:20 AM »

Don't wait it out too long...you'll just be completely sleep-deprived and won't be able to focus on what's important.
Before going headlong into prozac, since it's anxiety that's causing this, try Atavan...I find it to be very gentle, very effective, and helps my brain slow down so I can sleep...but I don't feel addicted to it and only take it now and again.

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 09:07:05 AM »

i also used a low dose of Ativan here and there so I could sleep. If you sleep well you might feel better and not need to up the Prozac.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »