I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 12:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I HATE doctor's offices!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I HATE doctor's offices!!!  (Read 1583 times)
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« on: September 07, 2007, 12:58:17 PM »

:rant;  I am SOOOO frustrated!!! I called my last doctor's office 6 weeks ago to get a copy of my records. I wanted to get the copy for myself because I don't trust half of what my doctor at the time did or said, so I wanted to see what was in my chart. When I called, I was told they would be ready in 3 weeks, would cost $50 and to come in and fill out the authorization to release records form. I did so that day. I get a letter today, dated exactly 1 month from when I turned in the request (with a copy of MY request form stamped received 2 days later).I am so pissed, because the letter says that I must pay first (which they never told me before), then they will copy them and I can pick them up. It says it will take another 30 days from when they receive payment! They even upped the price to $60!!! Now, mind you, it is 161 pages, but come on, paper isn't that expensive and it doesn't take that long to do if you stick the pages in a copy machine that feeds!

Sorry for the rant, but I can't call the office and bitch them out because they close at 1:00 on Fridays. I also called my husband to vent, but all he kept saying, with an attitude, 'What do you want me to do about it?' Arghhhhh!!!    :rant;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
cabarle

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 07:07:07 PM »

I feel your pain. It never surprises me how corporations develop new methods to screw the little guy.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:14:30 PM »

Cabarle, I noticed in another thread that you are from Ohio. Welcome, from a fellow Ohioan. I'm fairly new too, and am only aware of 3 of us at this point.   ;D

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »

I'm from central Ohio.  What area are you 2 from?

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 08:25:11 PM »

Dayton. I think Cabarle is from Cleveland if I remember correctly.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »