I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 03:23:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  just read the post about bouncing and dancing after dialysis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just read the post about bouncing and dancing after dialysis  (Read 4836 times)
roybear

« on: March 30, 2006, 07:41:29 PM »

Was quite amused at this thought.  It reminds me of the first day I went to dialysis.  I go to a
DaVita clinic and they gave me a sort-of handbook.  In it, the author discusses cramps.  He/she
writes that "you will have cramps, but afterwards you will feel like a million bucks".  Now I do not
know what kind of cramps this person has, but mine usually hurt for several days after the event.
I certainly do not feel like "a million bucks".    I know they try to sugar coat it, but it may be better
to present "just the facts.....mam".
Bear

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »

It's probably a mis-spelling - 'bucks' -  I mean ::) ;D

Yes, the truth would be much better, especially for morale.
Imagine a new patient reading that then going home & feeling like they've been
'in a relationship' with Mike Tyson....and very cheated as well!!  :o

waves...Bear
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 07:20:48 PM »

They handed out a pamphlet yesterday at dialysis:

The Most Important Reasons to be Happy You are on Dialysis:  Of course it is written by a 10 year old who wants her grandpa to live.  But, they printed it. 

Things to be happy about:
1 You are alive 2.  There is dialysis  3. You can make new friends  4.  You have a place to go relax (bite me)
5.  You have to relax at dialysis a few times a week so you will never get too stressed (WTF) 6.  Your family and friends are happy that you are alive.  7.  If you are nice they will bring you a cup of coffee at dialysis...that's what my grandpa says.  8.  They will give you a ride if you can't drive home.  9. Dialysis is one of the great inventions of the last century.  10 Dialysis is for people of all ages, even kids, so you will meet people of all ages at dialysis.  11. You can catch up on your reading and music listening.  12.  You don't have to know how to run the dialysis machine you just sit there. 14 Your kidneys don't have to work so hard anymore--they can have a break...... anyway there are 24 reasons to be HAPPY about dialysis.   :-\

susie q

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 05:55:06 AM »

Are you kidding me ??? ??? ??? :o :o
I can't believe they would hand that out... omg ::)
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 06:22:58 AM »

They handed out a pamphlet yesterday at dialysis:

The Most Important Reasons to be Happy You are on Dialysis:  Of course it is written by a 10 year old who wants her grandpa to live.  But, they printed it. 

Things to be happy about:
1 You are alive 2.  There is dialysis  3. You can make new friends  4.  You have a place to go relax (bite me)
5.  You have to relax at dialysis a few times a week so you will never get too stressed (WTF) 6.  Your family and friends are happy that you are alive.  7.  If you are nice they will bring you a cup of coffee at dialysis...that's what my grandpa says.  8.  They will give you a ride if you can't drive home.  9. Dialysis is one of the great inventions of the last century.  10 Dialysis is for people of all ages, even kids, so you will meet people of all ages at dialysis.  11. You can catch up on your reading and music listening.  12.  You don't have to know how to run the dialysis machine you just sit there. 14 Your kidneys don't have to work so hard anymore--they can have a break...... anyway there are 24 reasons to be HAPPY about dialysis.   :-\

Stupid %$^#@%$

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
roybear

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 08:58:42 AM »

I got that newsletter also.  Just more of the sugar-coating propaganda.  You can tell that the
person that writes that stuff does NOT have to "sit, relax, and let the machine give our kidney's
a rest"  for 3 to 5.25 hrs.

everyone take care, and PLEASE be careful!!!
hyperlite

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 07:48:03 PM »

I got a post card in the mail the other day, it was from my Kidneys. They just wanted to thank me for the vacation that they've been having, and wanted to let me know that they're really enjoying the "time off". The post card had a picture of sunny Cancun Mexico, must be nice to have all that free time to go south...
Wizard

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 12:05:07 PM »

Ha Ha Ha you must go to a DaVita clinic.  I have never seen so much braindead crap handed out in my entire life.  And it appears to be written by children and directed towards children.  Most of it lands in the trash what a waste of time and money.  The printing service absolutely loves these people.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 09:50:02 PM »

Get the shovels and the boots!  The BS will soon be over our heads!    Geez!  I will have to think of an answer to that one!

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kevno

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 10:14:34 AM »

I have always wondered where my kidneys had gone? Now I know! The bloody things have been on Holiday for over 30 years. WOW! The lucky Kidneys. I'm not as lucky as all of you. I do not get such "GOOD" information, about how happy I am on dialysis. ;D ;)

We get very little information about anything. Which might be a good thing if it is useless. :)

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 04:25:39 PM »

Cancun! Hell! I think my kidneys took a trip around the world and forgot to leave a forwarding address!

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »