I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:01:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Not for me
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not for me  (Read 2222 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: September 19, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »

Posted a thread about sleep issues and trying out some new tablets to help me sleep. Well i can say they are not for me ! Have taken them for a few nights now and still waiting to fall asleep till 2/3 am  in the morning , so didn't help there . Then i found i had about 3/4 hours of a deep sleep ..which you might think is good ? nooooo , all day i was left with like a foggy hungover feeling , which doesn't suit me at all. So its back to the drawing board i'm afraid !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »

Posted a thread about sleep issues and trying out some new tablets to help me sleep. Well i can say they are not for me ! Have taken them for a few nights now and still waiting to fall asleep till 2/3 am  in the morning , so didn't help there . Then i found i had about 3/4 hours of a deep sleep ..which you might think is good ? nooooo , all day i was left with like a foggy hungover feeling , which doesn't suit me at all. So its back to the drawing board i'm afraid !

This sounds just like my experience.  Nothing worked and the anxiety over not being able to sleep and how that might affect the next day made it all the worse.  I had more than a few close calls on the freeway...driving to work but being so out of it that my reaction time was way way off.  After I got there I was sometimes a zombie all day just craving an hour's nap at lunch time.  No fun. Try not to stress about it and do the common sense things like going to bed at the same time each night and awakening at the same time the next day.  It does get better but it takes time.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 05:32:22 PM »

Hubby had the same hungover feeling with the pills for sleep.  Found it hard first when he startd nocturnal .  Had trouble falling asleep.  Some nights only slept a couple of hrs . Found pills like ativan didn't help a lot with sleep and he felt hungover.   After a while he started to sleep better. Very rarely has trouble sleeping now.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 09:05:21 AM »

Try taking the pills earlier so they have time to take effect, and have time to wear off by the time you have to drive to work.  Also, keep in mind that it may take a week or more for your body to adjust to the meds and the "morning after hangover" to go away.  I'd recommend start taking them on a weekend or even take the first one very early Friday evening.  :twocents;

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »

Insomnia is no fun and it seems to take trying several things to find one thing that helps.  Even with meds, I have trouble falling sleep, staying sleep--just sleep in general.  I hope you find something that gives you a good nights rest.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 12:23:40 PM »

I think i have found my solution to my sleep problems, i have been doing it for the past 4 days and i have to admit, i haven't slept that good in a long time.   What i do is when i hook up, i normally go to bed and lay there and watch T.V.  i am wide awake until 4 or 5 am.   now, when i hook up, i sit in the living room and watch T.V. sitting up, in the dark with the volume low, make sure to watch something boring,  i sit there until around 11:00 when i start feeling sleepy, i take myself to bed and i am OUT in about 10 minutes, i know this cuz Friends is on and i always fall asleep before it is over.  I dont know what the difference is but it has made a huge difference in my sleeping and i am going to keep on doing it until my ol' body catches on and then i guess i'll have to find another way.  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 04:20:07 PM »

It is Friends that is putting you to sleep. SNOOORE!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »