I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 10:16:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  cramping at the wrong time
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: cramping at the wrong time  (Read 3321 times)
Adjel

« on: August 13, 2007, 07:34:11 AM »

I was wondering if others had experience cramping in lousy places at lousy times.  Last Thursday I was dialysis and had been doing everything right my diet my fluid levels and my blood test came back with all smiles on every number.  I've been exercising and decided to try for a new lower dry weight.  I let them take off more then they ever have on me before.  Everything went perfect after dialysis I got up my blood pressure and temp were OK everything was going great.  Me and my wife decided to celebrate by going out to eat, so went across the street to Pannekoeken for dinner.  I ordered the lemon chicken over rice, my wife ordered the same.  When the oder came I reached down to pick up my fork and my right arm locked up all the way to the shoulder.  No problem just message it with my left hand.  As soon as the left hand got hold of my right hand it to locked up all the way through the shoulder.  My meal looked so good and I couldn't move either hand.  I looked over at my wife who then asked me to cut her chicken for her.  I said I can't to which the waitress asked "why not".  I tried to explain to Jenny in subtle fashion that I can't you my hands to cut her chicken.  The waitress then asks if I have some sort of religious reason for not helping my wife.  Jenny did get the hint and started to laugh her head off.  I told the waitress not to worry we'll take care of it.  she left.  before Jenny could stop laughing my hands started to move again.  I felt so silly there with a nice meal I was looking forward thinking this is not the way I wanted to lose weight.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 07:48:37 AM »

Yes i hate it when that happens ! I have hold of a phone, a cup and couldnt let go . I also get them right over my exit site(capd) and in my chest , these are really horrible ones. I cant move and rubbing doesnt help , i just have to wait till they pass ..!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:02:35 AM »

i never push my dry weight. the only time i have crashed really bad was when the nurse set the machine, taking off more fluid than required. my doctor now has standing orders for all his patients at the center to NEVER challenge dry weights. he is very careful about lowering my dry weight because taking too much fluid will dehydrate you. which is what you may have done.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

Oh, man, that's got to be freaky when it's happening!  I've had cramps in my feet while shopping right after dialysis.  Gotta wonder what the rest of the shoppers think when I'm hanging onto the shopping cart, stomping one foot like crazy to make it stop!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »

I'm not sure if I should feel bad or laugh. Glad things worked out Adjel.  :)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 11:01:29 PM »

There's no right time for cramping...

Glad you could tell the story with humor!  ;D

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 05:53:05 PM »

I love playing cards and/or dominoes and i'll be damned if my hand doesnt cramp up every damn time,  :banghead;  I feel your pain my friend  :P

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »

I love playing cards and/or dominoes and i'll be damned if my hand doesnt cramp up every damn time,  :banghead;  I feel your pain my friend  :P

Then how do get through.... :oops; never mind. >:D ;)
fluffy

Fluff!

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 08:38:29 PM »

cramping up at the wrong time.......... How about in bed with my girlfriend and then all of a sudden.......crippling inner thigh cramp  :-\
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »

cramping up at the wrong time.......... How about in bed with my girlfriend and then all of a sudden.......crippling inner thigh cramp  :-\

Ooooh, been there done that too many times too, i think i'd rather have the cramping than the interruption ;) ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 02:34:43 AM »

Cramping while driving,  and the more I tried to pull over the more I was cramping  :urcrazy;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »