I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 08:29:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Thank you Epoman
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you Epoman  (Read 5086 times)
paris
Member for Life

« on: August 06, 2007, 06:50:51 AM »

Happy anniversary to all of us. My thanks also to Sluff and all the moderators. You run this site exactly as Epoman would do and I am sure he is proud of how you have continued his legacy. This is my safe place to go to. I know someone will always understand just what I am going thru. Looking forward to many more years together!!!   :thx; :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:11:54 AM »

:thumbup; Thanks Boss. Wish you were here.

Happy 2nd Anniversary to All IHD members and families!  :2thumbsup;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 09:17:36 AM »

Its amazing how this site continues to reach out and touch so many people- what a great legacy!  :bandance;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 09:19:08 AM »

Happy 2nd anniversary to all the members.   :bandance;

Thank you Epoman.. Missing our chats.  :angel;
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 09:25:34 AM »

Happy 2 years hope to around hear for many more...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »

This is a happy and a very sad day for me.  I am happy when I read how you members appreciate IHD and the  job we are continuing to do on Epoman's behalf.  I am so sad that he is not here.  Forgive me blubbering as I type.  I can never forget my feelings in September 2005 when I was told that I would have to go on dialysis.  I was scared to my gills.  My brother had died just 8 months before after 10 years on dialysis.  I went on a website from Google.  There was a message board.  On this message board was a person called Epoman who invited anyone who wanted to come to a site called "I Hate Dialysis.com".  He promised that it would a be frank and open site.  I went there and was so helped.  I went to my first dialysis with list printed out from IHD (questions to ask, etc.)  I even felt that the site was sent by God for me particularly, since it started just the month before I started dialysis.  I challenge anyone to say this site was not set up for me!!!!! :boxing;
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, IHD!!

I love all of you.  I really consider you all my family.  You are in my prayers and caring thoughts.  May this site continue to be a source of strength and encouragement.

Special thanks to the Admin team - Goofynina, Sluff, Kitkatz, Okarol, RossMan, and Rerun (Yes, Rerun!) for keeping this going just as Epoman would have had it continue, and doing an absolutely awesome job!
 :bandance; :bandance; :birthday; :birthday; :bestwishes; :bestwishes; :bandance; :bandance;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 03:12:07 PM »

I feel just like BanannaJane (That is what I call her).  I am happy that people benefit from this site but sad that Epoman is not here to celebrate with us.  I wonder if God lets them read email??  He was so dedicated to this site.  I think I lived on this site for the first six months of dialysis.  I just needed to cling to others going through what I was going through.  I'm doing better now.  I still learn things when I come on here and read. 

I would also like to thank all the Transplant Patients who continue to post.  It gives me hope.

Happy Anniversary IHD!  Thank you Epoman!

charee
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 03:12:19 PM »

Happy Anniversary IHD :bandance; :bandance; and a big thankyou to Epoman for starting this it has been a life saver for me, and also to Goofynina, Sluff, Bajanne, Okarol,Kitatz,Rossman and Rerun, for all your hard work to keep this site going as Epoman would have wanted.

Cheers  Charee :ausflag;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »

Happy Anniversary Everyone!!!!!  :clap;

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »

I came here after seeing someone from IHD posting on another kidney site. I was told that I had FSGS and could expect to be on dialysis anywhere from 6 months to 10 years depending on if it were a fast deteriorating type or slow type. I was looking mostly to find out as much as I could about FSGS and dialysis. I had no clue what dialysis was but when I decided to come and join IHD I learned a lot about dialysis and just somehow fit in here quickly. Epoman and goofynina and myself became friends kind of fast and when an opening for moderator came up it was agreed that I would become the next moderator. I learned the ropes pretty quick on Renal Romance in fact Epoman gave me the keys for that site and was pleased with the growth there so he made me moderator on IHD. Epoman and I spent much time on the phone brainstorming to try and make IHD number one. Becoming Administrator was a bittersweet accomplishment for me because Epoman always told me I would be the next Admin someday, unfortunately I became second Administrator due to Epoman's passing. I made a promise that I would help Goofynina and the rest of the Admin team continue Epoman's legacy. I intend to keep my promise.

Thank you Epoman for trusting me with something so close to your heart, IHD and your IHD family.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »

My Friends Family :),  Other than becoming Mrs. Sam Trevino, and a Godmother (Nina) to 19 beautiful children, being a member of this board is one of the best things that has ever happend to me.  This site has helped me with this damn disease in so many ways..., it makes me stronger as a person, it makes me feel as if i belong, it makes me not feel so alone, it makes me feel happy, and what is the best thing about this site is ALL OF YOU... It has brought all of you in my life, all because of one man, a vision he had, and the determination he had to make that vision a reality.  I thank God for giving him that vision and the knowledge to bring together something that i believe will be around for such a long long time, something that will help people who dont even know they have this damned disease yet but will eventually find out and come here and be comforted by all the information that is here just like so many others.  I love you all so much, thank you for always being there for me and with me, you mean the world to me....

Epoman, your still the Shiznit Big Guy ;) ;)  R.I.P.  little bro (sucka fish)
oh, and yes, I STILL LOVE YOU MORE  :'(

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 05:24:32 PM »

:grouphug;  Being a home dialysis patient I don't get to meet anyone else in my shoes. Which at the start was really hard. I was an emotional wreck.

Completely gaga   :urcrazy;  Until the day I stumbled across this little site. I have found so much help and understanding, it has been a god send to me. I am totally addicted. You all make me feel normal and not the freak I thought I had become.

Thank You and Yippppeeee for IHD.   :bandance; :yahoo; :bandance;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 03:57:02 PM »

Happy anniversary you guys!!!!

Adam_W, aharris2, Amanda From OZ, angela515, angellady07, babi68, bajanne2000, Baxterman, Bette, BIEN Student, BigBadNoob, BigDadii, BigSky, billoggblog, bioya, Black, bluedove57, bolta72, boxman55, brenda, Caseymae, charee, cycobully, Danally, Deanne, del, Don, donnia, Fighter, fluffy, Ginger, glitter, goofynina, Hawkeye, highlite36, jbeany, Joe Paul, junipergirl, keefer51, Ken Shelmerdine, KICKSTART, kidney4traci, kidneygurl, kimcanada, Krowbar, KT0930, Laurie, leo, LightLizard, livecam, lola, LTFPR, Lucinda, mariannas, Meinuk, MiSSis, mixplix, MyssAnne, nikkim, Ohio Buckeye, okarol, paris, pawpawlarr, pdpatty, poohkari, Razman, renal1, rimbo74, RossMAN, Roxy, Sara, scooter26, silverhead, skyedogrocks, Sluff, Slywalker, st789, stauffenberg, Stu, susie q, tamara, thegrammalady, tomkc5are, tubes, TynyOne, waitlisted, Wattle, wcmjt, whitehorse, willieandwinnie, Zach, zekewolfy

all of you guys make up IHD Epoman would've been very happy...

saludos,

Rolando

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 04:17:19 PM »

So two years, huh.  It seems I have had my extended IHD family around for years. Happy anniversary to everyone!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 11:30:18 AM »

Hmm, how did I miss this...anyways, Happy anniversary everyone!!!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »

Happy anniversary, everyone! Thank you, moderators, for all the work you've done to make this such a successful forum. It very well could have dissolved after Epoman passed away, if not for you!  I've been comforted by this site, enlightened, and amused. Thank you all for being there for me. We're strong, and we're mean, by golly!!!   :bow; :bow; :clap;
Nan

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 03:28:39 PM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!  This is the BEST part of kidney failure.....sharing thoughts....feelings....information...and yes...hope. It's the middle of the night...when I am worried that I come on line and I get answers and relief....I laugh...I sigh.....it's a good place to be.....thank you for all your hard work to keep the "big guys" job and dream continuing. Nan

No matter how your heart is grieving....as long as you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true!
Diagnosed with PKD in 1994
Started HEMO dialysis June 2006
Started Home Dialysis on cycler February 2007
Had Live donor transplant February 2008
Jill D.

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 06:13:55 PM »

This site is a godsend...I can't imagine how many ways it has helped members from despair over ESRD. I have looked at other kidney sites, and none come close to the awesomeness of IHD. Epoman was brilliant with the idea and execution of this site; and through it, he lives forever. What an awesome legacy for a great man. Happy Anniversary!!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 08:21:54 PM by Jill D. » Logged

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 05:38:02 AM »

Even though I've had kidney disease my whole life (diagnosed before my first birthday), I have learned more about options, dialysis, and just making life easier from IHD than I have in the 31 years before I found it. Thank you Epoman! Even though I joined after your passing, your legacy is incredibly helpful to so many! Here's to many more successful years!

:birthday; :birthday;

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 08:25:18 AM »

Happy Anniversary to all my friends on this site. A special thanks to the moderators who have worked so hard to keep our little club going, you are doing us all proud, and finally thanks a million to Epoman whose  vision and flair created all this. Although now sadly passed away, he will live on through IHD, a lasting tribute to his fantastic achievement. :beer1;

Ken
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 02:49:39 PM »

yea us!!!! this is the best place on the internet! i've learned so much. epoman blessed us all, his vision marches on.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 10:12:59 PM »

:thumbup;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 02:26:39 AM »

:thumbup; :thumbup;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Slywalker

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 06:42:50 AM »

I was out of town and missed the Birthday Celebration - so we will continue the celebration a little longer.  I was a lurker for months and learned quite a bit from reading this forum as I started my dialysis.  I am forever grateful for Epoman for starting this forum.  And what a legacy to leave!!!  Unbelievable.

Happy Birthday  :birthday; Everyone

Sandyb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »