I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 08:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Yawn ..cant sleep !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yawn ..cant sleep !  (Read 2790 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: August 03, 2007, 07:26:11 AM »

And for once its not because of noise! For the past few days i haven't slept well , if at all. The best way to describe it is apart from being restless, i feel like i am overheating. I have left a fan on all night which usually helps. Usually if i dont sleep at night i can 'cat-nap' in the daytime , bit i cant even do that atm ! I have tried all the things 'normal' folk do to get a good nights sleep but they are not working for me. Sleeping tablets are not an option at the moment , even if our doctors did hand them out (which they dont) Any suggestions ?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
LightLizard

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:54:58 AM »

i've had the sanme problem, off and on, for awhile now.
what i find is that it's more that my mind won't shut down enough to let me drift off.
what works for me, sometimes, is to lay there and do some deep, gentle breathing for awhile.
then, i try to just observe what my eyes are seeing behind my closed eyelids. often, what happens is that shapes and forms emerge from the depth of my subconscious. sometimes, there are absolutely stunning scenes that i can't imagine where, in my mind, they could possibly come from.
as i continue to simply watch for whatever shape might appear, i fall asleep.
it doesn't work all of the time, but enough that i think it's worth sharing, obviously.

love

~LL~
keefer51

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »

How about a small glass of warm milk?

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »

Thanks guys , but its actually the 'overheating' thats the problem . Its like my skin is on fire , but i dont sweat at all , i just feel very hot to the touch. No i dont have a fever , during the day i am fine , its always at night i get this heat thing . If i am really really cold , like shivering cold , i can sleep , but i cant make it that cold atm even with the fan blowing.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 01:24:19 PM »

KS, I'm having those too, I get so hot even a fan blowing on me doesn't help. Sometimes drinking a bottle of ice cold water will hlep, but that's not a definite solution. I'm sorry, it's a pain in the tush, quite frankly, especially when you're so tired to begin with.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 08:50:49 PM »

When I get so hot that I can no longer stand it, I take a freezer bag out of the cupboard and put some ice in it and seal it and place it on my neck, back, arm pits, wrists. I will lay on the bed with it on the chest and abdomen.  Oh it helps cool me down finally.  I have gone to bed with the icepack on me when we had no air conditioning in the house. Give it a whirl.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 01:34:05 AM »

Thanks guys , i just wonder what causes it ? During the day i am fine , it ALWAYS starts at night and i know its not the weather here that does it ! I dont get too hot during the day , is it common to dialysis ? Or am i just hot stuff ?  :rofl;

MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 05:10:40 AM »

KS,  I wondered if it was hotstuff too, but it is odd it only comes late afternoon/evening. Kit, I like your idea of the ice pack. I'm gonna give that a whirl, when I go home!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »