I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  A bit of a scare, last time I fall asleep on Haemo!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A bit of a scare, last time I fall asleep on Haemo!!!!!  (Read 3287 times)
kevno

« on: January 10, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »

Went on the Machine today, as usual tried to get out of having an needle, I still have Tesio lines in my neck, they have been in now for over 2 years. Anyway, the nurses can only get one needle in my arm, so that went alright for a change.  Must have fallen asleep, woke up, felt a sharp jab in my foot, blood everywhere, shooting out of my arm, some how I had pulled the needle out while asleep :o

The needle was down by my feet, don't know how that had happened.  The machine was still running, and did not stop until the blood had run out in the bubble trap. PANIC! pressed the alarm for the nurses, but it seemed ages before see got to me. Put my thumb over the needle hole, by this time it looked like I had been let loose in a butcher shop. The Nurse walked in and shouted for another nurse to help. Lucky or unlucky I'm am in a room on my own. Lost a full circuit of blood, plus what had come out of my arm all over me! The nurses cleaned me up, Put new lines on the machine new kidney, then pulled another needle out of the draw, I said NO WAY!  So both my line where used. Bloody Needles. Don't think I will be falling asleep on the machine for some time now.

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
susie q

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 04:57:37 PM »

OMG!! That would scare the shit out of me!!!   I can't sleep at dialysis anyway but that is one reason not to! holy crap... 
Glad you are ok... :o :o :o
babi68

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 10:29:32 PM »

I think I will stay awake too. I must admit that is a fear of mine so I put on so much tape, I go a little overboard :-[, but better safe than sorry.  Liz ;)
LifeOnHold

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 01:53:55 PM »

For about the first year that I was on hemo, I had the nurse tape my left wrist to the arm of the recliner, so that if I jerked my arm in my sleep, I wouldn't dislodge my needles.  I had Restless Leg for the first couple of years, so that was a real problem. 

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
kevno

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 03:25:08 PM »

well after that bit of a scare last week. had my hb checked and it was still 13.4.  Now been of epo for over 6 months. Hb did go up to near 16 keeped clotting off on the machine.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Panda_9

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 04:22:33 PM »

Gee you must of really yanked it to pull it out!! The technique I use to tape my needles down it would be pretty hard to pull them out in my sleep.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »