I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Things are looking up - I think!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things are looking up - I think!!  (Read 5342 times)
Lucinda

Life is great!

« on: May 23, 2007, 12:55:21 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your messages.  I have had a totally hideous time but I am hoping I am now in better hands. The care I was getting was atrocious but now I have changed doctors and taken legal action so I feel better for just having done that.  I had my graft re-done and got one infection after another and then I got some superbug and now my graft has blocked again for the fourth time and I am having it done again next week.  So for the good news, I have changed doctors and I am now seeing this terrific professor and I just got a letter from the chief at the hospital to say they apologised for everything I had been put through and they hoped I would accept their apology.  No way....I am going to do this for every one of you who has been treated like crap from the medical profession.

If I die because of my problem that is one thing but I am not going to die through their negligence.  So what have I done.  I have taken another mortgage on the house to pay for legals and I bought myself a sports car to enjoy for as long as I have to enjoy it.  I might now be in debt up to my elbows but hey, I am going to enjoy as much of this life as I can.  I refuse to be a statistic without putting up a fight.  We all deserve to receive the proper care and I intend to put our problem with the medical profession on the legal map.  I know it will take a long time but I am prepared to hang in there and see some justice done.

I hope you are all keeping well and as soon as i am back on track, I'll be back here with you all.

Lots of love, Lucinda :cuddle;

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:08:38 AM »

Lucinda,  Just wanted you to know how great it was chatting with you.  You take care and please keep in touch with us and let us know how things are going.  I hope you are able to come to the IHD Meet in Vegas.  Looking forward to seeing your new car, ;)   Love ya  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
pierrat

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 02:36:19 AM »

Bravo   :clap; Thats terrific that your finally bringing your life back into your own hands. This is not the time to be a passenger and as your new sports car can attest to, being the driver can be ever so much more rewarding  :yahoo;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:39:17 AM »

Kick some ass Lucinda and enjoy doing it! What kind of sports car did you get? vvvvrrrooommmm!! Beep Beep... :yahoo;
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 04:40:51 AM »

:cuddle; I am glad to see you are ok Lucinda. What hospital was that?... remind me NEVER to go there.   :banghead;

:boxing;  Like sluff said... Kick some butt!!

Keep us up to date with how it goes with your graft next week.

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 05:24:16 AM »

Welcome back :cuddle;

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 05:49:53 AM »

Good for you  , i hope it brings you lots of pleasure !!!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 06:31:48 AM »

I'm glad you're doing better, good luck with the legal stuff, and enjoy that new car!  We expect to see pics!

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 08:55:46 AM »

Lucinda! Really good to hear from you.. not about your continuing troubles (sheesh!) but you're taking action and have given yourself a toy to enjoy. I must book me a flight so you can take me for a spin in the car (bright red????) lol...

fingers crossed for muchly improved things..you deserve a run of GOOD things totally!!!

xox *hugs*

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 08:59:59 AM »

Lucinda, was great chatting with you today, glad things are getting better! Looking forward to seeing more of you  :cuddle;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 09:45:02 AM »

Good for you. Not only for fighting back, but for getting yourself something you want, so you can enjoy it NOW. 
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »

The general public loves to hate tort lawyers, and the Republicans in the United States are always winning support for their plans to cap the awards that people can get in personal injury suits against the people in power who hurt them.  One of their lines is, "Greedy personal injury lawyers are driving up the cost of healthcare," etc.  I take the opposite view, however, since tort lawyers help support the dignity and rights of medical patients against the arrogant doctors, careless nurses, and inefficient hospitals that would otherwise run roughshod over them.
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »

The general public loves to hate tort lawyers, and the Republicans in the United States are always winning support for their plans to cap the awards that people can get in personal injury suits against the people in power who hurt them.  One of their lines is, "Greedy personal injury lawyers are driving up the cost of healthcare," etc.  I take the opposite view, however, since tort lawyers help support the dignity and rights of medical patients against the arrogant doctors, careless nurses, and inefficient hospitals that would otherwise run roughshod over them.

(Edited) Never mind.   :banghead;

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Jill D.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 07:16:22 PM »

You go girl...way to take care of business. I hope things keep looking up. Enjoy that convertible!!!

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »

Hey Cindy great to see you back  bummer  i missed you in chat. What dr are yoy under now ? hope everything goes better now. Thinking of you.

Charee

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
anja

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 09:58:20 PM »

Glad to hear that you have new medical care that hopefully knows what they are doing.  You certainly have been through a lot for a long time now.  Wishing you the best, Lucinda, and enjoy your new car!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 03:11:45 AM »

You go for it.  Just keep an eye on your lawyer.  They are right there with doctors as bottom feeders so just watch your butt.  I hope your graft starts working like it is supposed to.  Keep the faith! 

:beer1;

st789

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 11:52:42 AM »

Way to go and kick some asses.  Would you show us your new sport car.  I would love to buy one for myself but I do not have the money now, may be in the future.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 06:06:29 PM »

You go girl, tell them people what it is all about!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 05:12:21 AM »

Hey Cindy, I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better..... good luck with your graft operation..... i will be sending positive thoughts your way.  :cuddle;

Amanda
xxoo
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 02:01:50 AM »

Thanks again everyone.  My new doctor is great and I am having my graft done again on Friday so hopefully that will work and I can try and get back to normal again.  You have all been a brilliant support.  Thank you all so much.  Lots of love, Cindy.
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 02:15:49 AM »

Good to hear things are going well!!

Goodluck with the graft surgery!  :cuddle;

Thinking of you.

Amanda
xxoo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 02:56:11 AM by Amanda From OZ » Logged
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 07:19:42 AM »

ditto..thanks so much for the update...

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »

Good luck and go get 'em!

:usaflag; :usaflag; :usaflag;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2007, 09:16:38 PM »

hey kitkatz I am not sure we need that US flag down here... :)
however we'll all be flying the flag for Lucinda on Friday.. 3rd time lucky hey?!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »