I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 07:16:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  More surgery Tuesday
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More surgery Tuesday  (Read 2876 times)
Lucinda

Life is great!

« on: April 27, 2007, 12:49:32 AM »

Hey guys.  Has anyone had a graft replacement in the same spot their previous graft is.  I am having that on Tuesday because my current graft is blocked.  I just want to know if the surgery is as invasive as the first surgery I had.  As the tunneling is already done, I was hoping I might get off a little easier as the first attempt was pretty painful.  Anyone? Anyone?

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 01:00:35 AM »

Sorry can't answer your question but hoping it all goes well. Will be sending vibes up Sydney way!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 02:00:19 AM »

Can't help either  but hope all goes well  be thinking of you..

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 03:33:11 AM »

Sorry Lucinda, another one with no answers, but sending heaps of Good Luck to you for Tuesday.

Tamara xxx ooo  :cuddle;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 05:22:56 AM »

I too have no experience with that but I do hope things go easy on you. Good Luck.
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 06:17:14 AM »

I can be of no help either, but just wondering, no one at your center knows? Best of luck to you.

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 06:32:48 AM »

I have had my graft redone in the same spot: upper left arm. I believe they will replace part of the graft that has the main blockage. Mine hurt more than the original time they put it in. I think because they were working with nerves that were already frayed in the arm.   They had to knock me out completely while the surgeon worked on me, seems I had a few things to say while I was slighly under anesthetic about pain.  He was mad at me and when I woke up told me what a pain in the butt I had been. I think he thought I did it on purpose.
So the answer to your question...you might be more sensitive for awhile after the surgery and it might hurt a little more. Keep the arm elevated after the surgery and use a pillow. I even took a pillow to Denny's REstaurant one night to help keep the arm elevated.
Good luck.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 08:27:12 AM »

Hey Lucinda,

I have had my graft redone in the exact some spot (just above my wrist) I found the second surgery to be less painful and swollen then the first. And to top it off i had to use it the day after for dialysis because they didn't want to put in another Vascath. It was a little painful because i had to cannulate above the incision, but bearable.

Praying everything goes well with the Second surgery.  :cuddle;

Good Luck.

Amanda
xxoo
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 06:22:13 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Really appreciate the help.  I really wanted to get it done later in the week so I had a weekend to recover.  A lot of pressure on at work at the moment and I need to get back on deck asap so I just wanted to let my team know when they could expect me back.  I'm sorry you had such a bad time with yours Kit.  Some doctors can be total mongrels.  I hope my experience is a little more like Amanadas.  But hey, if you guys can get through it without too much of a hiccup so can I.
I'll let you know how it goes.  xxxxxx
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 06:25:39 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Really appreciate the help.  I really wanted to get it done later in the week so I had a weekend to recover.  A lot of pressure on at work at the moment and I need to get back on deck asap so I just wanted to let my team know when they could expect me back.  I'm sorry you had such a bad time with yours Kit.  Some doctors can be total mongrels.  I hope my experience is a little more like Amanadas.  But hey, if you guys can get through it without too much of a hiccup so can I.
I'll let you know how it goes.  xxxxxx

Thats the spirit Lucinda.. :2thumbsup; good luck.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 06:32:59 PM »

I have 2 grafts right on top of each other, exact sme spot... lol.. I hate them, neither work or worked at all... and I dont like thestupid "raised" area it makes on my arm.. I ant them to tke them out.. LoL.. Hummmmmmm someday. Good luck

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »