I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 07:44:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Has kidney failure changed you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has kidney failure changed you?  (Read 12142 times)
Chicken Little

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 10:05:36 PM »

Everything takes me 10 times longer to do, and therefore I do a lot less.  Washing my hair and taking a shower/bath has become a half day event.  My long term disability carrier called today and asked me to describe my usual day.  That would be meds, eat toast, shower, dialysis or nap, eat protein and bed.    My claim was approved!  Wooohooo, good news for a change.   :2thumbsup;
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2007, 12:29:11 AM »

Everything takes me 10 times longer to do, and therefore I do a lot less.  Washing my hair and taking a shower/bath has become a half day event.  My long term disability carrier called today and asked me to describe my usual day.  That would be meds, eat toast, shower, dialysis or nap, eat protein and bed.    My claim was approved!  Wooohooo, good news for a change.   :2thumbsup;
Good to hear it Chicken Little!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
George Jung

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »

I have been less active since beginning dialysis, in return, less happy (severely depressed until recently).  I am stabilizing and have implemented ways to feel good but if I were to compare before and after, I would take the before any day!  I have changed and now I think I am becoming desensitized to the ways of yesterday.  In other words, I have lowered the bar for happiness in order to feel good. 
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »

Good on you Chicken Little  :clap;  

George, i am sorry you have to lower your bar of happiness to feel good, but if it works for you and it actually makes you feel good to do that, then you do what you got to do.  I remember being on hemo never being happy, so if and when i go back to hemo, i am going to remember this and follow your lead my friend, thank you. ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:14:55 PM by goofynina » Logged

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »