I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Panic Attack ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Panic Attack ?  (Read 3134 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: April 16, 2007, 05:16:32 AM »

For some reason , i haven't a clue why these past 2 days i feel like i may be having some sort of panic attack ? I will try to describe it , firstly feels like butterflies in my chest , even like you get when your excited,i have also had a couple of episodes of visibly hands shaking! I also find without noticing that i seem to be holding my breath ??? I just have a real 'jittery' feeling all over , I have no idea why ? Any clues ????

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:42:40 AM »

You could be diabetic.  Wnen this happens do you feel weak, sometimes like you are going to break out in a cold sweat?  Does your body feel like it is running out of gas? 

Next time this happens stop moving around and sit down, then get a little sugar in you.  Drink a glass of OJ, eat a candy bar, or eat some carbs.  If that makes you feel better it could be diabetes.

Get it checked out by a doc.  The test is super simple and you will know very soon what is happening.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:49:58 AM »

Thanks for that  :thumbup; For quite a while now i have wondered about this as another thing i get is 'extreme' thirst , i am always asked at the unit if i am diabetic and have told them , i have never been tested so i dont know. Would this show up on the bloods you have done when you go to clinic? or would i have to ask for a test just for that ?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:19:59 AM »

Sorry to hear your feeling like that.... I have had a few panic attacks when starting dialysis, which usually happend after something went wrong with my dialysis machine but i didn't feel quite like you did. I got severe cold sweat and found it difficult to breath

The two main test you need to diagnose diabetes is the fasting blood glucose (Blood sugar) level which is a blood test or a The oral glucose tolerance test , and it measures the body's ability to appropriately handle the excess sugar presented after drinking a high glucose drink.

I agree with Jeff...  Get it checked out.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 09:27:44 AM »

I've been doing CAPD for 2 yrs now , so i know its not related to that , just these past 2 days i have been feeling really edgy and shaky , otherwise i feel fine and nothing has changed that i can put it down to , my bp about same etc  ???

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 09:41:01 AM »

KICKSTART

Have you been worrying about anything? I know when I worry, it will bring on something very similar to what you described. Other than that I have no clue.

:grouphug;
nextnoel

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 12:18:47 PM »

Absolutely get checked for diabetes.  I am diabetic, and feel like what you described when my blood sugar drops; I also feel very panicky then, for no reason.  Almost immediately upon eating something, I feel better - the difference is like night and day.

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

Thanks all  Kathleen ..no  no worries ..well ..you know what i mean .
Nextnoel..funny you should say about eating , just had my dinner and the feeling has passed , will get checked out next appt in 2 days time. Fingers crossed it's not, just another thing i could do without!
Anyone know is diabetes common with our condition ?????

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 03:22:27 PM »

Your glucose levels should be checked in all your blood labs, i dont know why they havent yet?  Do they only check glucose in those who are diabetic?  if they do then that is the dumbest thing i have heard.  You also might want to ask them if they do check it in your labs and ask to look at the last few lab reports to see what your glucose level was,  if it was high, someone has some 'splaining to do!!!  I get that butterfly in the chest feeling and i know it to be heart palpitations, when it goes flip flop real quick for a few seconds and then stops, i have been getting bouts of those flip flop feelings for years.   :-\

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 04:09:39 PM »

A lot of the medicine that is perscribed causes glucose levels to rise. Have it checked. Good Luck  :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »