I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I'm off dialysis!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm off dialysis!!!  (Read 41152 times)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2015, 05:55:56 PM »

Regards Maker:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=46557

Any aware of how this wonderful story turned out?

The journey continues.

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2015, 07:32:11 PM »

Lori is doing just fine!

Galvo
PaulBC

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2015, 10:48:21 PM »

Lori is doing just fine!

I'm happy to hear that. Also, thanks talker for bringing this thread back, because I never would have seen it otherwise. I often wonder if my daughter could improve enough to be off dialysis for several years and not go straight into having a transplant. On the surface, she is a healthy and active 9 year old, and nightly PD doesn't seem to bother her. (Her blood tests do show phosphorus and creatinine consistent with ESRD, though, and that's after being careful about her diet and meds).

Anyway, it is good to know that people sometimes move off dialysis. Hoping Lori has many years of good kidney function ahead.
Athena

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2015, 05:16:48 AM »

I have just seen this thread as well and am amazed. I wonder how Maker is doing now after all this time. It would be lovely to hear from her.

Paul, I believe there can be certain instances of kidney function recovering from what they term, "acute kidney injury", that requires short term dialysis treatment. I'm not sure what sort of timeframes are involved in recovery time from an AKI. But some people can move off dialysis indefinitely if their kidney function returns. The best stories I've heard on kidney forums have been people recovering from AKIs as a matter of fact.

Find Cure for CKD now! Please like my facebook page of the same name. Thank you.
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2015, 05:32:14 AM »

Lori is doing just fine!

I'm happy to hear that. Also, thanks talker for bringing this thread back, because I never would have seen it otherwise. I often wonder if my daughter could improve enough to be off dialysis for several years and not go straight into having a transplant. On the surface, she is a healthy and active 9 year old, and nightly PD doesn't seem to bother her. (Her blood tests do show phosphorus and creatinine consistent with ESRD, though, and that's after being careful about her diet and meds).

Anyway, it is good to know that people sometimes move off dialysis. Hoping Lori has many years of good kidney function ahead.

Thank you 'galvo' and you are welcome 'PaulBC'.

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2015, 09:34:36 AM »

Lori is doing just fine!
Hello galvo, great to "see" you again !
And many thanks for the information about Lori.
I hope you are doing alright yourself and I send you my kind regards
and my best wishes, Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2015, 09:39:05 AM »

Lori! That's amazing news! Wow! If your creatine is 1.6 there is for sure no need for dialysis right now! I hope you can stay off dialysis as long as possible. Or forever?! Do you think that will happen?

What was your creatine when you started?

My creatinine was around 6 when I started Dialysis in Oct.  For whatever reason, I have always been very up & down during the 3 years since my diagnosis.  Unfortunately no Dr. has ever been able to figure out the cause of my "acute" episodes.  I definitely have not had a normal progression of my disease. 

Thanks everyone for the well wishes  ;D   I am planning some trips I would like to take later this year.  I will do a 24 hour urine in 2 weeks so please keep me in your prayers that it will show I am doing well even off dialysis.  I can tell my Dr. is very skeptical, he said this morning that he is "delaying" dialysis for 2 weeks.  I obviously am planning on it being much longer than that  :2thumbsup;

Good luck and all the best from Kristina.  :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2016, 08:54:16 AM »

Lori is doing just fine!

Thank you 'galvo' and you are welcome 'PaulBC'.
While my reviving old topics has been problematic , never was there intent to cause hurt to any poster.

When I go through and read topics like this one, I'm pleased  that the poster ( in this case, 'Maker') achieved what many dialysis users , whether silently or out loud, would also like to achieve, 'getting off dialysis'.

Also there are those that did read the old revived post and found some joy in the reading of it. I like to believe that if any one person can achieve a "thing' , that it highly likely that another can also 'achieve it'.
Regardless of how viewed, 'day dreaming, or fantasizing' ,  there is a 'belief' system at work within us that either 'works for us, or works against us. I much prefer the ''works for us'.

Whether I kick the bucket due to my maturity factor (LOL) , or 'get off dialysis first, is irrelevant, to me what counts is making the effort to achieve that event.

That member 'Maker' is still enjoying the fruits of her labor, is upper most in my thoughts and prayers.

(modified to add more comment )
Just found this thread that reflects what I  had mentioned about 'desire to get off dialysis:
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=4890.msg70152#msg70152
http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=25848.msg416266#msg416266
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:19:28 AM by talker » Logged

Be Well

DialysisGoneFOREVER

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2016, 12:52:46 AM »

Why were you on dialysis to begin with w/a creatinine of 1.6?? Your creatinine must be at least 5 before you go on dialysis!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »