I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Need help, big time, with constipation
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help, big time, with constipation  (Read 7963 times)
hatedialysis2

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 06:05:37 PM »

I keep a rough estimate of my daily intake of potassium, phosphorus, and proteins.  My daily potassium limit is around 2500mg and phosphorus less than 1,000mg. you can get those limits from your renal dietition based on your monthly labs.   I like to eat a mostly vegetarian diet which includes nutrient dense foods.   

As for getting non dairy fermented foods into your diet, you can make soy and nut yogurts , verry easy to do.    you can make your own lacto fermented vegetablesz and control the amount of sodium  or no sodium at all.       
Tempeh is a complete vegetarian protein source that is fermented.    You can consider fermented drinks such as raw kamboucha.     .     

kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »

I already do make my own low-salt sauerkraut.  But it's the kefir that I really want.  I don't eat soy and have not enjoyed any of the non-dairy kefirs I have tried (except for coconut milk which is not much better than goat's milk on problem nutrients.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »