I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:33:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  just pleased!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just pleased!!  (Read 1927 times)
stayingalive

« on: November 24, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »

I wanted to thank you all for allowing me to join IHD.  I have been looking for quite sometime and finally got enough courage to join in.  I have looked at a quite a few sites about dialysis and this one definitely stood out as being the best where people help support others not only with our D problem but are willing to help with other things in life that happen to pop its ugly head.  I read through a lot of the older posts and the sense of comraderie and the deep concern and love people have here is amazing.  You have had a few that decided to be an a** from the beginning and others who just chose to leave.  Overall I think this is a great website.  Epoman and Goofynina would be very PROUD of the legacy you all carry forward as a tribute to them as I am sure all other members, gone so tragically, too soon, would be.  Keep up the great work and I, for one, truly do hope that this site lasts forever as intended.  You all give your honest opinion as you see from your perspective but also are wise to include that an individuals Doctors, nurses, and nephrologists should also keep being consulted.   PLEASE to whomever are running and keeping this site going and up and running.....THANK YOU.....THANK YOU...THANK YOU....... :bandance;  I think you all should be very pleased with what you've managed to do.  :yahoo; Okay enough with being long winded but I am sure you all get the point.    :bandance; :yahoo; :cheer: :clap;  IHD is an awesome site. 

EDITED: Moved to general discussion area- kitkatz,Admin
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:18:05 PM by kitkatz » Logged

SMILE!!  CAPD since June 2014
Polysystic kidney disease
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »

You're more than welcome, Staying Alive...

That's what we're here for.... Visit and post often.... Be chatty... Share your opinions, too... There's room for all...

Hope to see lots of you....

Darth... Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 04:29:19 PM »

Glad to have you 'On Board'.

Like you, I read a lot before I took the step.  There is NO other site that come anywhere near this one.  It is the people that make it so.  Without them this place wouldn't be. 

Make yourself at home.  Join in any of the threads that you feel you can add even just a little bit.  It's all good.  And your thoughts might prompt others to think of other things that need to be shared.  We sort of grow together, feeding off the joint knowledge gained from one another.

Isn't that what life is really all about?  The sharing of information, communal caring?  I hope so, as I do believe we are each here for a purpose.  I may not know what that purpose is until I run into it, then hopefully I will recognize it and learn from it.

Take Care,

Charlie B
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 11:16:09 PM »

Thank you for your comments.  It means a lot to me as one of two acting admins on the site.
This has been a tough week for me as an admin and your words gave me an uplift.

kitkatz,Admin

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »