I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:27:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  So, how is your clinic screwing up your holiday?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, how is your clinic screwing up your holiday?  (Read 2419 times)
Alex C.

« on: November 19, 2015, 03:36:34 PM »

My Fresinius clinic has decide that, due to thanksgiving, instead of dialyzing on Mon, Wed, and Fri next week, instead we will be coming in on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. Oh, great, now they want to screw up TWO weekends instead of one! I'm tempted to just skip Sunday as a protest. That way, I can keep one weekend normal, and they won't get $$ for the session I miss!
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 04:30:29 PM »

They do this so the staff gets the Holiday off. Plus if the schedule was not changed half of the patients would also loose their holiday. I guess you haven't seen the schedule for Christmas and New Years yet I heard it's Sunday Dec 20, Tue Dec 22, Thurs Dec24, Sun Dec27, Tue Dec 29, Thu Dec31', Sun Jan 3, Wed Jan 6,  Fri Jan 8.  Since I go Mon,Wed, Fri without the change I would spend Christmas morning and New Year's Day in dialysis.  The extra Sunday I hear is because of CMS rules on schedule.  This occurs every year at this time wit the schedule being driven when the holidays occur.  The Thanksgiving schedule is always the same.  Without this the staff looses out on holidays at home and so does half the patients.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:07:43 AM by Michael Murphy » Logged
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 04:36:58 AM »

As much as "I hate Dialysis"   ........ stories like this make me glad I do it at home. I might be stuck in a chair but at least I can sort of do it when we want to.

Good luck to you with all the schedule changes

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:05:18 AM »

My DaVita center does the odd schedule on Christmas and New Years, maybe they don't feel the need to do it on Thanksgiving because that day only has two shifts so people still get home for dinner.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 03:00:42 AM »

I run a weird shift nocturnal  shift Tuesday, Thursday, Sundays: 7pm to 2 am. in center.
This the holiday schedule and I even managed to screw with it myself!

So Thanksgiving week:  Tuesday 24th- Potluck in center, mmmmm.; Friday November 27th right on top of ending third shift, we show up, usual time; Sunday regular time  Not too bad a change.

So Christmas and New Year's Weeks: I am out of town the 14th through the 28th so this does not apply to me those days.  I am waiting to see what the holidays schedule in OKC will be.
Here it is:  Sunday December 20th: Wednesday December 23rd; Saturday December 26th, Monday December 28th. 
Guess who is flying in at 10pm on Monday the 28th from OKC, oh yes little old me! I am hoping the doc will okay four hours that night 11pm to 3 am.

New Year's week is:Wednesday December 30,  Saturday, January 2, Sunday Jan 3, I may skip Sunday and do my weekend till Tuesday.  We shall see if anyone blows a gasket at me.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »