I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 05:27:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  SCHEDULE changed AGAIN!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCHEDULE changed AGAIN!  (Read 2166 times)
graciekycats

Life is like a box of chocolates. Enjoy each bite

« on: September 12, 2015, 07:28:59 PM »

:banghead; My Fresenius clinic changed my schedule again, with out asking me.  This is so frustrating.  I have told them numerous times that I can't get there by 8:30AM.  I drive myself to & from and
don't even live in this county - next county over in the country.  I have only had the time I originally requested once back when I start D in April - 10 am.  I am fully aware that schedules will change when
people change their times or patients leave one way or other, or lack of staffing but I don't need the added stress of them changing my time regularly!  I feel like a PINGBALL.
Think I'll change my name to grumpycat. :)

Congestive Heart Failure 2011
Stage 3 July 2014 - stage 4 August 2014.
Fistual created 11/3/14.
Started dialysis 4/2/15.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 02:33:44 AM »

Hello graciekycats,
I can understand your frustration and it makes you feel unnecessary unsettled about your treatment-schedule   ...
Have you been informed about the reason for these schedule-changes?
Do you have to drive many miles to and from your dialysis-centre ?
Could you not have a word with the dialysis staff-nurse or a doctor and inform them about your concerns ?
Are there generell changes taking place at your dialysis-centre right now ?
I do hope it gets sorted out very soon and you can remain our "graciekycats" without any change to "grumpycat".  :)
All the best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
graciekycats

Life is like a box of chocolates. Enjoy each bite

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 06:26:35 AM »

Well, Kristina,
Have you been informed about the reason for these schedule-changes?  (New patients added and other people changing times or others with transportation issues)
Do you have to drive many miles to and from your dialysis-centre ? (About 20 miles at 60 mph at least 25 minutes)
Could you not have a word with the dialysis staff-nurse or a doctor and inform them about your concerns ?  (I will Tuesday on next treatment)
Are there generell changes taking place at your dialysis-centre right now ? (Not that I know of)
I get confused as to why - since I've been going since April:
1- there have been numerous patients pass away
2- a number of patients have moved away so not at that center now or left for whatever reason

I still see most of same people on when I go in. And only see 1 or 2 "new" folks.

EDITED: Took red color out of post-kitkatz-Admin
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:27:32 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Congestive Heart Failure 2011
Stage 3 July 2014 - stage 4 August 2014.
Fistual created 11/3/14.
Started dialysis 4/2/15.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 08:21:17 AM »

Hello again graciekycats,
Thanks for your answers and I am very glad that you get a chance to talk with any of the medics next Tuesday.
... That sort of thing would unsettle me as well and I would not like to face problems with schedule-changes at the dialysis-centre,
because that really could mess-up my dialysis-routine, which I am just beginning to come to terms with ...
... I keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you good luck on Tuesday.
Best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »

I used to be in-center at FMC.    I remember being asked very nicely if a particular time change was OK with me (it was).   When the person who asked said "great" and immediately handed me a printout with my new time, I sort of wondered if I was really being "asked".

Now, my wife changes my schedule (due to the "care partner at home" requirement).
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »

Yes, the best part of home hemo. We adjust time of day, day of week, make up days, etc. Now if I could just adjust amount of total time.

Dream on !!!

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
OlManRivah

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 02:00:27 AM »

I'm in a similar situation being 25 miles from my center.  When I started at this center, about 2 months ago, I asked for 10:30 but got 6:00.  Still on 6:00am.
I refuse to get upset.  I just roll with the punches.  Life goes on . . . . .lol! :Kit n Stik;

Country boys can survive!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »