I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 09:27:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Attention Kansas City People
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attention Kansas City People  (Read 1930 times)
msf21

« on: February 24, 2015, 06:28:25 AM »

I recently started a support group for CKD patients and their families in the Kansas City Area. I have been on dialysis for a little over 1 ½ years and I have come to realize that there isn't a lot of support for us outside the dialysis clinics.
This group is for people of all ages who have Chronic Kidney Disease and their family and friends. This will be a social networking group as well as a support for patients in the community. We will plan events around the city that are diverse, cheap, fun, family friendly, and of course kidney friendly. Dealing with kidney failure, dialysis, and transplants is difficult and we could all use a little support.

The following list are some things I would like to organize:

-monthly meet and greets at the City Market
-form teams for the various kidney walks in the area
-cooking classes featuring kidney friendly menus
-fundraisers for the American Kidney fund
-Informational meetings about different types of dialysis, coping skills, and peer support meetings
-casual, non dialysis related trips to a museum, restaurants, movie theaters, bbq in the park, etc

Follow the link for more info and to join. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

http://www.meetup.com/Kansas-City-Chronic-Kidney-Disease-CKD-Meetup/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »