I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  great web site
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: great web site  (Read 2599 times)
babi68

« on: August 13, 2005, 07:05:21 PM »

I think it is great the way you have started this. ;D As we all know dialysis isn't fun, and sometimes we just feel like getting everything off our chest. I myself am on hemo and have been for 2.5years. Frankly I have had enough. I know others have been on for longer, and I envy your strength. Sometimes I really get pissed off when everyone assumes you are feeling o.k. just because you don't show any signs of being sick, and don't look like you are sick, even though you went flat, and blood pressure went low, and really don't feel like doing anything. My friends say "How are you", but then don't even stick around for the answer. Basically no one gives a damm, and don't want to know what really happens at dialysis. I am sorry for going on, but I am having a real bad week. Think I need a holiday ;D Take care guys.Liz (aussie) :-*
LifeOnHold

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 08:42:09 PM »

Nice to meet another disgruntled dialysis patient!  ;D

I've been on dialysis a total of thirteen years... am I sick of it?  YES!  Am I sick of the snide comments from relatives?  YES!  I don't think anyone can really understand what we go through until it happens to them.

I try to stay upbeat and keep a good sense of humor, but sometimes it's really hard... my Guardian Angels must be working overtime.  I'm glad other patients are coming here and getting things out in the open-- a lot of other dialysis-related sites are censored.

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 10:48:15 PM »

I think it is great the way you have started this. ;D As we all know dialysis isn't fun, and sometimes we just feel like getting everything off our chest. I myself am on hemo and have been for 2.5years. Frankly I have had enough. I know others have been on for longer, and I envy your strength. Sometimes I really get pissed off when everyone assumes you are feeling o.k. just because you don't show any signs of being sick, and don't look like you are sick, even though you went flat, and blood pressure went low, and really don't feel like doing anything. My friends say "How are you", but then don't even stick around for the answer. Basically no one gives a damm, and don't want to know what really happens at dialysis. I am sorry for going on, but I am having a real bad week. Think I need a holiday ;D Take care guys.Liz (aussie) :-*

Welcome to the site. I hope you come back often and help us get this place rocking :) I understand exactly what your talking about how people assume and that's why I made this site for people like you to come and tell it like it is. To vent or just rant about something that bothers you. I will never edit your posts like some sites may. Again welcome aboard. Tell your fellow patients about this site. So they too can rant!

P.S. Don't be sorry for going on or having a bad week that's what this site is here for. ;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:47:20 PM »

It is a really great site.  :thumbup;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Earlinda

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 12:21:26 AM »

:welcomesign;  I know your thoughts and pain because I seem to be experiencing the same thing.  I even lost my marriage of 14 years because of dialysis and I know how that old anger can control you sometimes.  Post often.  There are lots of people here in your same situation and they come up with creative ideas to make this somewhat unbearable at times situation that we have fallen into much better.  I guarantee you if you take time to come to the chat room that you will smile.

Earlinda "Early"
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 07:38:09 AM »

We give a damn Liz and know how it is...

*hugs*

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »

YOU GUYS!  READ the DATE.  It is insulting to welcome a member whose been a member for 2 YEARS! 

THREAD LOCKED - Rerun, Moderator

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »