I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 11:29:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Why Responding to Some Posts is very ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Responding to Some Posts is very ...  (Read 22481 times)
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2014, 09:19:16 PM »

Is there a God? That is a question asked by millions. Some have found God, some have not.

Can you find God in the stars? Some have.
Can you find God in Science/ Some have.
Can you find God with all the evil in the world? Many dismiss the notion of God because of evil.
Can you find God with all of the suffering in the world? Likewise, many deny that God would allow suffering.
Can you find God in philosophy? Probably not since that is where I started my search for wisdom, knowledge and yes even the spiritual realm.
Can the number of religions cause confusion? Absolutely.
Can the sum of our elements define all of our being? No, I don't believe we are just atoms and molecules  but something much more.

Many people look in a lot of different places, yet the first place I found God was in the Bible. Is there evidence of God? Absolutely. I was saved through the study of Bible prophecy. As a medical doctor with an undergraduate degree in biology with minors in math and science. I was well versed in the basic sciences and evolution at the time I accepted the Bible and Christ. I did so with open eyes to the detractors of the Bible.

Is there evidence of God, absolutely, all around us and specifically in the Bible itself.

I wish you the best in your search. I found my answer in November of 1994 and have not looked back since.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:21:32 PM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info
Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy 1998
Incenter Dialysis starting 2-1-2007
Self Care in Center from 4-15-2008 to 6-2-2009
Started  Home Care with NxStage 6-2-2009 (Qb 370, FF 45%, 40L)

All clinical and treatment related issues discussed on this forum are for informational purposes only.  You must always secure your own medical teams approval for all treatment options before applying any discussions on this site to your own circumstances.
Gerald Lively

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:16 PM »

No person in my various careers, who dazzled me with words designed to soften the message and causing me to decipher to understand, ever went far in their career.
Per this thread; if you ask I assume you want the answer.  The same if you participate in a philosophical discussion, I will tell you what I think and I will attempt to support that information. 
As I glanced through the messages on this thread, religion came up several times.  Fine for you but I don’t need that crutch.  The Mythical Being who has Never Been Seen (the name of an old blog I wrote) is an invention of man and some of the time man has made good use of God. I see religion as an extremely private matter, which means I find fault with organized religion but no fault with the beliefs of others.
Then there are doctors; I have a great deal of trouble with about half of that bunch that I meet.  In dialysis I developed a formula for water outtake, determined when testing was necessary, all on the basis that my body belongs to me. I suffered a serious misdiagnosis a while back that put me in this chair, made walking a shaky enterprise and ended a career in powerlifting.  I came here because, like chemotherapy, there are always people who have it worse off, and oddly, that makes me feel like a member of the club.  I belong.  No sniveling over my health issues.
When dialysis ended, I attempted to quit this forum.  I must have wowed someone because they keep telling me to come back.  Then some members started to move to England.  To stop the exodus, I tried to marry all of the ladies here.  No takers.  I must have bad breath.
I believe that the sharing of knowledge is what makes this forum great.  At any time on any day, you can ask and someone will do their best to respond.  Well, not HemoDoc, he keeps office hours.
Say, does anyone know any off-color jokes?

gl

Hodgkin's Lymphoma - 1993
Prostate Cancer - 1994
Gall Bladder - 1995
Prostate Cancer return - 2000
Radiated Prostate 
Cataract Surgery 2010
Hodgkin's Lymphoma return - 2011 - Chemo
Renal Failure - 2011
Renal Function returned after eight months of dialysis - 2012
Hodgkin's Lymphoma returned 2012 - Lifetime Chemo

Human hopes and human creeds
have their roots in human needs.

Eugene Fitch Ware
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2014, 12:45:04 AM »

Office hours Gerald? Hmmm, it is about 1:00 am right now. Well so much for that comment.

If folks don't wish to believe in God, that test is not necessarily here and now but at the moment of their death.  I guess if God is just a Mythical being, then nothing to worry about is how a lot folks approach that question.

BTW, how are you you old curmudgeon?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:59:27 AM by Hemodoc » Logged

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

All clinical and treatment related issues discussed on this forum are for informational purposes only.  You must always secure your own medical teams approval for all treatment options before applying any discussions on this site to your own circumstances.
Gerald Lively

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2014, 10:11:04 AM »

I am seventy-five.

Prostate Cancer - 1994
Gall Bladder - 1995
Radiated Prostate 
Cataract Surgery 2010
Renal Failure - 2011

Eugene Fitch Ware
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »

I am seventy-five.

Well, I hope all is still going well.

Take care Gerald.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

Gerald Lively

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »

HemoDoc:
My body is over-producing mucus in the sinuses and the lungs.  After five doctors and five different ideas on how to resolve this problem, which makes me cough and sometimes faint, I fired the entire group. Can no longer exercise in the weight room since straining makes me cough and faint.  Cannot let that bar fall into my face. 

The macular degeneration has reached a serious level, cannot hardly see the keyboard.  I see the monitor a little better unless the fonts are in blue, then I'm lost.  Hearing has almost gone.  Doc says it is nerve damage from chemotherapy - ABVD protocol.  Still on chemotherapy but we are using some sort of anti-body.  Two more sessions and I'm finished.

So, can't hear, see, exercise, have scarred lungs and a pulmonary embolism.  I shaved off my beard and cut my hair, all I need now is a job, and I put away my protest signs.  One more thing: despite the eyesight problem I've taken up painting.

Prostate Cancer - 1994
Gall Bladder - 1995
Radiated Prostate 
Cataract Surgery 2010
Renal Failure - 2011

Eugene Fitch Ware
Hemodoc
Elite Member

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »

Gerald, so sorry to hear you had to shave your beard. You were quite attached as I recall. (Sorry)  This getting old bit is still for the birds.

Peter Laird, MD
www.hemodoc.info

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »