I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:35:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Evaluation scheduled at Madison!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evaluation scheduled at Madison!!  (Read 2621 times)
tigtink

« on: February 21, 2014, 07:29:20 AM »

I got a call yesterday from Madison.  My evaluation appointment is March 21, 4 weeks from today.  I'm excited because I thought I would have to wait a couple of months for an appointment to become available, and I did not expect to hear from them until next week.  My flight is already booked and I will be able to visit my sister for a couple of days (and spend my birthday with her the day after the appointment).

So far I just need some dental work that is scheduled for March 6.  They may want some more tests after the evaluation, but right now all I need is the dental clearance.

Because the wait times are so much shorter at Madison than at U. of MI, this feels a lot more real than my appointment with MI in November.  Wow!!  It is a lot to absorb.

I especially want to thank MooseMom and cattlekid for their positive feedback and information about Madison.  It helped a lot and got me moving on getting in contact with Madison.
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 08:31:49 AM »

Woo hoo!  Good luck.  Enjoy your time in Madison, hopefully most of the snow will be melted by then.   :2thumbsup;
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »

Be sure to tell us all about your appointment once you return from Madison!  Can't wait to hear all the details! 

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »

Best of luck.

Angiepkd

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:58:10 PM »

Good luck! Hope it goes great for you!   :2thumbsup;

PKD diagnosis at 17
Cancer May 2011, surgery and no further treatment but placed on 2 year wait for transplant
October 2011 first fistula in left wrist
April 2012 second fistula in upper arm, disconnect of wrist
January 2013, stage 5 ESRD
March 2013 training with NxStage home hemo
April 2013 at home with NxStage
April 2013 fistula revision to reduce flow
May 2013 advised to have double nephrectomy, liver cyst ablation and hernia repair. Awaiting insurance approval to begin transplant testing. Surgery in June.
June 2013 bilateral nephrectomy.
August 2013 finishing testing for transplant, 4 potential donors being tissue typed.
January 2014 husband approved to donate kidney for me
March 4th 2014 received transplant from awesome hubby. Named the new bean FK (fat kidney) lol!  So far we are doing great!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »