I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 02:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Smaller Drain Bags (Baxter)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smaller Drain Bags (Baxter)  (Read 2114 times)
BattleScars

« on: January 13, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »

I don't know if this is just a fluke or Baxter has changed the size of the drain bags but my bags are a lot smaller now. I notice when I'm doing my manual exchanges 3000cc fills the bag completely up and it never used to. The bags also look a lot more narrow and smaller. They almost look like they are meant for people that are doing 2000cc, I'm currently doing 4 exchanges of 2500cc per day. I'm hoping it's a mistake because this makes my job harder when it comes to cutting the bags to drain them. Anyone else on PD notice this lately or is it just me? I just got a new delivery when I noticed this.
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:47:49 AM »

Not sure what you are getting now BattleScars, but I never had a problem pulling 4L into the drain bag. It was crazy full when finished, but it took it all. I didn't cut my bags to drain them, I set them on the lip of the tub, put the line in the drain and popped the clamp. Usually drained in 10 minutes or so. HTH.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 10:02:58 AM »

I always found the bags expand well. Have you called Baxter? They could tell you about any changes.
BattleScars

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 08:01:38 PM »

I always found the bags expand well. Have you called Baxter? They could tell you about any changes.

I think I'll call Baxter tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's just this latest batch. Also I notice it's only the yellows and not the greens. Probably just a mistake with manufacturing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »