I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 04:20:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Renvela coupon
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Renvela coupon  (Read 3132 times)
Deanne
Elite Member

« on: January 17, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »

I was surfing around and came across a coupon from Renvela. I sent email to Express Scripts (prescription supplier) to ask how to use it. It seems like it might apply to a lot of people here. Go to renvalue.com for it. The coupon value depends on prescription coverage and co-pay costs.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 08:39:50 AM »

When I was with ExpressScripts they told me I had to send the coupon in to Renvella myself. My dietician also gave me  a card that I could use for a year of discounts from them. It wound up getting me about $150 on a 90 day supply of the pills, now I was taking about 18-20 a day, so 90 days worth was a lot! Talk to your dietician and see if they have the discount card, it helps a bunch.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 12:35:26 PM »

I used the discount card from the manufacturer of Renvela all of the time. I never waited around for the dietitian to print it off for me, it's available for anyone off the Internet.  You do need to print a new one each year. 

I know the card is accepted in conjunction with private insurance but I am not sure if you can use it with Medicare or other government sponsored insurance.
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 04:24:05 PM »

Most of the discount cards say they cannot be used with Medicare Part D. I have not checked this one.
Bungarian

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:52:17 PM »

I am lucky that in Arkansas there is a organization that will pay for 3 prescriptions for anyone on dialysis. Renvela is one that they pay.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:53:43 PM by Bungarian » Logged
nursey66

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »

You are right, jeannea, My hubby's sister is a Pharmacist, she is always giving us leads for RX help & coupons. We fit the income limit easily, but always get denied due to the part D ! Seems so unfair, especially since part D is only good for 2,850 dollars. Doesn't take long to use that up for a Renal patient.  It was really depressing last summer to pay out 2,340 dollars co-pay on a 4,000 dollar antibiotic, that only lasted 1 month !!!
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 01:55:28 AM »

My $2500 copay after transplant was for Valcyte. That took me right through the donut hole.

A lot of people on Part D could use the coupon help. It must have been part of the deal when they set up Part D that we can't use the coupons.
kit78

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 08:36:15 AM »

Why don't people try to get on "EXTRA HELP"?  That helps me out a lot.  My scripts are 1.15 to 3.50 all the time.  Plus, I just switched from Renvela to chewable Fosrenol which works great so far.  Will get first lab results tomorrow.  It's nice "go t the bathroom" every day again!  Renvela makes me constipated. So I switched after trying a sample from the dietician. So glad I gave em a try.  I'd rather chew 1 tablet per meal than 4 pills per meal any day!  Plus it's a much better binder I have been told.

Inherited PKD from my Mother who died at age 52
2001 Transplant - Blessed...only on list for 4 days
2012 Lost Transplant and had Pneumonia
2012 June - started Dialysis
2012 December -  Back on Transplant list
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »