I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:34:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Not Sure What To Do!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not Sure What To Do!!!!  (Read 7592 times)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 07:27:57 AM »

You and Len certainly had a day.  I am so glad the doctor told him he doesn't need to think about working.  You two need to have peace and calm, and de-stress as much as possible.  Hopefully all will go well with SS and VA.   Today you need to rest whenever Len is resting.  You need to recharge yourself, so you can keep on going.  When he naps, take that time to put you feet up and REST.  Have someone pick up dinner and bring it to you.  Don't touch the house today.    Do I sound like a Mom?    Just worried about you as well as Len.  Let us know how Len does today. Tell him we are all thinking of him :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Psim

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 08:38:03 AM »

Hope today starts going better. I'm worried about you two -- you've been through so much. Surely it's time for the good luck to start!  :grouphug; to you both.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 12:00:19 PM »

Thinking if you two and hoping you hear reassuring things from Len's doctor.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 04:20:39 AM »

Sorry to read your last post, Kathy!

Will be thinking of you and Len today, and
sending a prayer or two your way!

Anne
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 06:57:48 AM »

Hoping the new day brings good news for Len.   How are you doing,Kathy?   Take care of each other :cuddle;   We are here when you need us :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »

I just found this thread and I'm so sorry to hear about Len! I hope he's feeling better by this point. I'll keep him in my prayers.  :cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
MyRenalRomance

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 07:39:36 PM »

Sorry for the late reply - just noticed the post!  I hope your husband is doing better, these days.  Take care of yourself, too!  :cuddle;
Sending good wishes and positive thoughts your way!

Kidneys damaged by hypertension/scleroderma 1987
In-center Hemodialysis:  May 2007 - October 2007
Switched to Manual PD October '07 - January '08
Switched to PD Nighttime Cycler January '08
Kidney transplant from living related donor June 2008
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 10:32:46 PM »

I am hoping no news is good news - and that Len is getting some help. Please write when you can WAW!  :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 03:37:42 PM »

:cuddle; Thank you all for checking in on me. I haven't felt like myself for the last couple of weeks. I have been taking Len to doctor appointments and just trying as hard as I can to stay upbeat. He is still having trouble eating and has to eat many small meals instead of 3 regular meals. More work for me.... They did another bunch of labs because he was running a fever, his labs came back good.  They also did another sonogram because of the extreme pain he continues to have in groin area near transplant. :banghead; I think I have mentioned many times how much I just love our GP. He called me the other night at 8 pm and talked for almost 45 minutes. He told me out right, that Len has been through so much internally, that things will never be right again. He assured me that whatever paperwork needed to be filled out to keep Social Security and VA benefits, he will gladly do it. He said that all the medicine that Len takes effects how his stomach and intensines work. He also told me that the next time this happens (he said it will happen again), that he is going to admit Len so I can get some rest. We talk about me being a strong patient advocate and he asked if I would be his? I thought that was pretty sweet. It has been so God awful hot here that you can't even go outside for more then a few minutes. We had just horrible storms on Wednesday night that we lost our power and it didn't come back on until Thursday morning. There are still about 500 folks in the area that still aren't back up. I'd be saying, HELLOOOOOOOOOOO holiday Inn. I better get going to check on Len, I seem to worry more everyday about his mental attitude or lack of I should say. It looks like I have a bunch of catching up do on new threads. You guys have been busy. Take care and again, thanks for listening to me.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 05:53:13 PM »

Len is so fortunate to have you by his side.  He keeps dealing with so much. It must be hard for both of you to stay so strong. Sometimes the scope of our world has to be micro; just our immediate little world.  You two have a nice little corner of the world.  I bet Len worries about you worrying about him!  It is good you have each other, and those sweet doggies.  Stay inside where it is cool.  Get some rest.  And I am so glad you have a great GP. I think we would all love to have you as a caregiver and an advocate :grouphug;

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 02:45:21 AM »

I second every word that Paris has written.  It really sounds as if you could use some serious rest and that's pretty difficult with all that's going on.  Try anyway to take it easy, especially in the worrying department. 
Thinking of you both   :cuddle; :grouphug; :cuddle;

Gail

(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 12:55:52 PM »

Hi, Kathy,

I hope this finds Len feeling better.  You and he have been
thru so much together.   I can only imagine how exausted you
have to be, with this tremendous amount of stress on your
shoulders.

Please stay cool, hug you doggies, and get some rest, Girl! :cuddle;

Anne
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 07:39:08 AM »

Hope Len has been feeling better - and you too!  :cuddle;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2008, 08:21:56 AM »

how are things today
keep us informed
we worry about you, Len, and furkids
plus I like to "hear" what's for supper
love twirl
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 09:04:04 AM »

:cuddle; Thanks for checking in on us. Len has had a bad couple of days. Wednesday morning woke up with severe stomach pain. Called our doctor and he told be to come to his office and get prescription for morphone. Len didn't eat Wednesday or Thursday and not very much yesterday. This morning he had scambled egg and some cream of wheat. I just worry myself sick when he gets like this. My bigget concern is that he doesn't drink enough. Our doctor said Wednesday if it got bad enough to call the rescue squad and believe me, I had the phone in my hand. I am wearing myself out. I did the whole lawn yesterday, weedeater and then mowed. Len said yesterday that he was in better shape on dialysis. Breaks my heart. I try to stay positive but I have to admit that somedays it isn't easy.

twirl, tonight I am going to lightly fry some fish and fix mac-n-cheese. I haven't felt much like cooking and of course Len hasn't been able to eat. Wednesday all day, I had a bowl of cereal. We go to Transplant appointment this coming Wednesday and see what they say. I just don't know anymore.  :banghead; :banghead;

I'm getting ready to grab the shovel and rake and go to the neighbors and put the dirt back under the fence that her dog has dug out. Why are people so inconsiderent? I'm not in a very good mood today and I hate being like this. Somebody cheer me up.  :bow;
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:12:05 AM by willieandwinnie » Logged

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2008, 11:26:04 AM »

I wish I could cheer you up. If I cou;d afford gas  :P I'd visit your neighbor and let my dog relieve himself on her lawn. This transplant stuff certainly isn't easy and everyone thinks it is a cure.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 05:34:49 AM »

I wish I could hop on over and TRY to cheer you up.  What I can do is tell you how special and important you both are and send you a big hug.  I really hope they figure out what's going on with Len and that you both get some relief from all this stress very soon.
 :cuddle; :grouphug; :cuddle;

(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2008, 09:14:11 AM »

Does knowing that we all love and care about you help cheer you up? I hope so  :grouphug;
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »

Oh Lord, yes Rose, you guys make me feel like someone gives a crap and you know what I'm going through. Thanks for being there.  :cuddle;

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 05:16:42 AM »

W&W are you taking care of yourself?  well, do it..... I so enjoy reading your posts, I mean, it is like being there and let me tell you now, your little Yorkies are so adorable.
You are a blessing in every life you enter.
What did one Yorkie say to the other Yorkie?  ( don't know, they don't speak English) pretty lame--- just made it up
the post you wrote awhile back about your Yorkies and you had on a nightgrown was so funny, I will never forget it.
Sad Sack, our old bassett hound, goes thru the neighbors fence, gets her cat food bowls, carries the bowls back to our yard and then eats the food........ I always return the bowls with fresh cat food......
they placed a large rock in front of the place where she enters and it did not stop her, bassett hounds are not as dumb as they look
please take care of yourself so you can take care of Len
love you, love Len, love your adorable little Yorkies
you are a comfort to me
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »