I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:32:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  IHD has temporarily ruined my outlook
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IHD has temporarily ruined my outlook  (Read 7535 times)
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 04:29:37 AM »

Triker this is a pretty tough topic that I think most of us face at one time or another in our dialysis journey. The fluid thing is certainly tough - no argument there!!

You are no less deserving of a transplant as anyone else.. and I would hope if you got the call you would accept.

It sounds like you have looked for all the options available to you and I'm sorry PD didn't work out for you since that would have been better for you with the fluids.

Whenever I feel like guzzling down a bottle of water or something I try to remember that the fluid gain is bad for me.. and the more I have is worse for my heart... it doesn't always help but it reminds me of what's important... my longer term health or the immediate pleasure of the drink...

but it isn't easy.

I wonder if maybe you could look at some ways to lose more fluid?? like a sauna or something? A nurse here also mentioned there are some kind of pills or something you can take that aparently make you urinate more (I am not sure what happens if you don't pass anymore?!?) so that you could drink a little more.

Hang in there and know that here you have friends that understand the issues...

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 10:40:10 AM »

RichardMEL

The pills you are talking about are called Frusemide, but they dont always work , i still go to the loo and was put on these to help shed some extra fluid, but they didnt do anything. I think most of us have been on Frusemide at one time or another !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »