I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 02:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  We're BACK and BETTER than EVER!!!! Sorry for the down time. MEMBERS PLEASE READ
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We're BACK and BETTER than EVER!!!! Sorry for the down time. MEMBERS PLEASE READ  (Read 2128 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: January 23, 2006, 02:06:06 PM »

Dear Members,

First off I want to apologize for the site being down for the last few days.  I was having problems with my web host it was a big mess. Let me explain the process of how a website works, for those who do not know.

1st - A person registers a domain name such as this one ihatedialysis.com
2nd - The owner of the domain builds the site. Such as I built this one.
3rd - Then the owner needs to have a webhost to host the site. A place to park the site.

Well I had a webhost who I got tired of all his outages and problems. I wanted this site to be up 100% of the time for my members, and not have my members wondering why is the site down yet again. So I decided to find another company to host my site. But also I decided I wanted more control of the hosting process and I decided to be my own host and I basically purchased hosting space on a server so I could be my own host and ensure that the site would have no more problems and be up 100% of the time. If it did I would know what the problem was and be able to correct it myself. So rest assured the site is back and it will also load faster for you, and it is better than ever.

Also since I am my own hosting company now I can host YOUR own website for you. So if you have a site and need hosting or are tired of your current host please send me PM and we can discuss the details. Since you are a member of this site I will give you a VERY low monthly price. I would offer to host it free for you (since you are a member) however since now I am paying more money to be my own hosting company to keep this site stable for you it would help with my costs. But as always this site will remain FREE to use and I will never ask for a penny for you to use this site. I built this site for people like me you want to have place to vent there frustrations. However if you wish to donate to this website to help offset my costs I won't say no.  ;) As you can see this site has ZERO advertisements/banners. I make no money off this site whatsoever (not even in our ihatedialysis store) I pay for this site out of my own pocket.

So enjoy the more stable and faster site and please spread the word about this site to all your fellow dialysis patients. Let's together make this site the premier dialysis site.

And please reply here if you are having any problems with site and what your general opinion of how fast the site loads now. All your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Epoman
Admin/Owner
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 03:57:26 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
SierraJim

My wife is an angel.

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 02:35:19 AM »

:clap; :clap; Epoman, I read your post of January 23 and I want to commend you totally for your efforts here.  I have forwarded to you my $60.00, which is probably not enough to cover your costs, so that the financial burden on you for maintaining this site can be relieved.  I strongly encourage other members to read your post so that they understand what it takes to run this site.  It doesn't just appear out of the clear blue sky.  I heard you were sick.  How are you?

SierraJim

EDITED: Fixed Clap error - Sluff, Moderator

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 03:47:54 AM by sluff » Logged

Jim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »