I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 12:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Please help my friend, this father get custody of his son!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help my friend, this father get custody of his son!  (Read 9447 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 06:41:15 PM »

:thumbup; Susie

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 08:17:34 PM »

Olivier was not asking that you simply give money to his cause, he is only asking for sympathy from those whom would understand his position.  You don't have to offer any money.  A sympathetic response would be good enough but any donations would not be refused.  You know, being that there are mothers and fathers here, I would have at least expected more replies as like sluff made.

Quote from: From the Link
I am humbly asking to whoever this story has touched, to whoever has been moved the slightest bit by what you have read to please, please donate whatever little money you can spare.

No, he is asking for money "Straight-up". No where does he ask for sympathy or words of encouragement. He is simply asking for money.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
nextnoel

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »

Sometimes desperation makes people do things that are not well thought through, and I believe a plea for money on the net is one such thing.

But as regards advice , Sluff's was extremely good.

Find a support group and learn from their experiences; find a law library and become as knowledgeable as you can so you can represent yourself pro se; sell everything you can possibly do without (not everything you can comfortably do without), think creatively how to cut living expenses, and avail yourself of Social Services help if your son is in an unhealthy living situation.  And be persistent!

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »

This is a good website I got lots of support and information from during my custody battle: www.childcustody.org

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
sandman

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 06:44:01 PM »

Olivier was not asking that you simply give money to his cause, he is only asking for sympathy from those whom would understand his position.  You don't have to offer any money.  A sympathetic response would be good enough but any donations would not be refused.  You know, being that there are mothers and fathers here, I would have at least expected more replies as like sluff made.

Quote from: From the Link
I am humbly asking to whoever this story has touched, to whoever has been moved the slightest bit by what you have read to please, please donate whatever little money you can spare.

No, he is asking for money "Straight-up". No where does he ask for sympathy or words of encouragement. He is simply asking for money.

True, in his initial post, that is what he said but what he said later in my forums was this...  Here is the LINK
Quote from: DirrrtyDog
I just want to make something perfectly clear.

People, you don't HAVE to donate. I don't want people to think that donating is a must, and just because some do, others shouldn't feel bad about not doing it.

True, I will need the money, but supportive words are also needed. The hardest part about this whole thing is not being sure of the outcome. I might not even get full custody, there is no assurance that I will have my son after all this.

To those that sent donations, thank you very much. To those that didn't, thanks for the supportive words. At this point and time, I appreciate everything!
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2007, 01:26:21 AM »

:cuddle;  I wish him well, I really do. I would do anything to maintain custody of my children. But I do find it strange that he would come to this site to find help. Being on Dialysis comes with its own set of financial problems. We could all do with an extra hand.

I too think he should take Sluffs advise.

Sometimes desperation makes people do things that are not well thought through, and I believe a plea for money on the net is one such thing.

But as regards advice , Sluff's was extremely good.

Find a support group and learn from their experiences; find a law library and become as knowledgeable as you can so you can represent yourself pro se; sell everything you can possibly do without (not everything you can comfortably do without), think creatively how to cut living expenses, and avail yourself of Social Services help if your son is in an unhealthy living situation.  And be persistent!

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »