I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2024, 10:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I crashed for the first time
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I crashed for the first time  (Read 1829 times)
Mr Pink

« on: November 28, 2012, 11:10:45 PM »

I guess it had to happen sooner or later, although later would have been much better. I crashed. It wasn't pretty, although the two nurses standing over me making sure that the crash didn't turn into a major pile-up weren't too hard on the optic nerve! I guess if you're going to crash, you might as well do it in a dialysis chair rather than behind the wheel of your car. I'm sure it will happen again at some point. What are your memories of when you crashed for the first time?
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »

I thought I was floating off to heaven. Then a couple of nurses, yelling my name, brought me rapidly down to earth!

Galvo
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »

It felt like i was drifting

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
MommyChick

Me & my precious Miracle !!!

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »

You guys make it seem gentle compared to my first time.. I still remember it like it happened yesterday!
Back when I first started dialysis I had my parents driving me to & from dialysis. It was after treatment I had got my weight not feeling the best, was walking out to the waiting room & everything just got fuzzy & went blank! I started to fall to the ground & my dad caught me before I hit my head on the hard floor. They rushed me back in & had to hook me back up to saline & when I came too I was like what the heck I'm back on the mach!! Needless to say that was the worst!!! Since then I know the symptoms when my BP starts to drop & know to tell the nurse right away. I never want to go through that again!!!! After all that I must say DIALYSIS SUCKS!!!

~ Hello All, My names Marna ~

- 1995 - 12 yrs old found out my kidneys were both failing
- 1996 - Dec. 3 I received my 1st kidney transplant at age 13, after 7/mths on the waiting list
- 2005 - In Aug. transplant failed after 9.5 years, had to have a nephrectomy due to being very ill & massive hypertension
           - End of Aug. 1st time on dialysis
- 2006 - Had my fistula placed & ready to go
- 2010 - My little Miracle was born 6/mths into the pregnancy, weighing 2.4 lbs & 13.25 in long
          - Found out my PRA is 100% & I have antibodies that CAN'T be decreased
- 2013 - Oct. 2nd  *** I finally received my kidney!!! ***
          - Dec. 3rd I had 3.5 parathyroids removed, due to them interfering w/my new kidney.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »