I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:33:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  barack obama
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: barack obama  (Read 4239 times)
glitter
Elite Member

« on: February 11, 2007, 03:23:23 PM »

SO....what do people think of this fellow?

To start off-I have no opinion.I don't know anything about him although I am in line at the library for his book.I am also not a Democrat.But I did hear a few speeches he has made,and he is very..personable. I was impressed by his fervor...I would like to hear what other people think,or is it too early?

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 04:16:51 PM »

If it wasnt for seeing him on Oprah, i would have no idea who this guy is :P  All i know is he has Oprah's support for his campaigning.   ::)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 04:17:38 PM »

If it wasnt for seeing him on Oprah, i would have no idea who this guy is :P  All i know is he has Oprah's support for his campaigning.   ::)

Good enough for Oprah good enough for me.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »

Did anyone see when Ted Kennedy tried to introduce him.  "And to speak for himself here is Osoma Binlaud...Osama Obama...ah Boama..Osama...aha  "

OMG it was historical.  It use to be on Youtube but it isn't there anymore!  HA  OH wait... I found it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2YJ-_jos

:rofl;

vandie

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »

LOL. . . .I might read a book on a recommendation from her, but HELL NO would I listen to her regarding politics.

Life is the journey, not the destination.

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 01:56:48 AM »

That 'Osama Obama' thing was hilarious!!! :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
nextnoel

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 02:13:59 PM »

My boss's daughter interned for him last year, and he made a good impression on her and her family.  Sometimes I think not having experience is a plus, sometimes that idea scares me.  And sometimes I think it doesn't matter all that much - things just keep on happening, no matter who's in office . . . .

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »

i vote for local stuff, i haven't voted for a presidential candidate in years., and don't intend to as long as there isn't a choice titled..........none of the above

so far i haven't seen anything to make me change my mind.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »

Did anyone see when Ted Kennedy tried to introduce him.  "And to speak for himself here is Osoma Binlaud...Osama Obama...ah Boama..Osama...aha  "

OMG it was historical.  It use to be on Youtube but it isn't there anymore!  HA  OH wait... I found it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2YJ-_jos

:rofl;

I'm surprised Ted Kennedy knows his own name.   :wine;  :wine; :beer1; :beer1; 
 ;)

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 03:16:29 PM »

A person can never complain about the government if they never vote. Good, bad or ugly; it is our privilege as an American to vote.  I never vote party lines - I vote for who I hope will do the best job.  And the bottom line is that we have survived every president so far, so here's hoping we can get it right one year!   I like listening to Barack speak. Sounds educated, concerned, compassionate.  My extremely Republican husband would turn green if he read what I wrote!!!  I sit and smile when family discuss politics - and then vote for who I want.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 04:41:19 PM »

My extremely Republican husband would turn green if he read what I wrote!!!  I sit and smile when family discuss politics - and then vote for who I want.

my husband asked 'why did you ask that?' in that same green republican way lol

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
bluedove57

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »

I have no opinion. Don't know much about him
Jill D.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 06:46:51 PM »

A person can never complain about the government if they never vote. Good, bad or ugly; it is our privilege as an American to vote.  I never vote party lines - I vote for who I hope will do the best job.  And the bottom line is that we have survived every president so far, so here's hoping we can get it right one year!   I like listening to Barack speak. Sounds educated, concerned, compassionate.  My extremely Republican husband would turn green if he read what I wrote!!!  I sit and smile when family discuss politics - and then vote for who I want.

:2thumbsup; Paris, I am so much like you, it's amazing! I could have written that same post!  :clap;

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »

I saw him speak on television recently for the first time and found him intelligent and well spoken.  He really doesn't have much political experience at this point and it would be good for him to gain that before venturing into presidential politics.  There is a place for him maybe in a democratic administration but it is too soon for him to be thinking about the presidency.  Bill Clinton was an unknown but had been around for a while and understood how things ran...at least with Hillary whispering in his ear.  Thats a whole other topic but I know someone who participated in a White House event and that is exactly what happened.  The eyewitness said Hillary led Bill around like a puppy and told him what to say and do every step of the way.  Another time for that one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »