I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 09:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  RANT: Damn it another patient sitting next to me died. Add one more to the list.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RANT: Damn it another patient sitting next to me died. Add one more to the list.  (Read 4561 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: January 31, 2006, 02:25:03 PM »

Well it happened again, add another patient to the list that I have seen die. It really messes with my head. She was only on dialysis for 6 years and she had Lupus plus she has a 11 year old son (I have a 8 year old) I've been on for 12+ it really is a mind screw when this happens. She didn't die on the chair but still she died in the hospital from needing a new heart valve put in BUT the insurance didn't feel it was needed. Well I guess she had the last laugh. ::) >:( :(

I have seen so many people die. It really makes me face my own mortality. PLUS to top it all off when I picked up my son from school he tells me one of his classmates in school, a 2nd grader (my son is in 3rd) was hit by a car this weekend and died at the hospital. Now that really made me sad. The school sent home a flyer letting the other parents know.

So how was your day?

>:(

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 08:47:18 PM »

Sorry you had a bad day and your friend died.  I wake up to the news as they go through who was killed during the night.  Car wrecks, movie stars, drive bys, etc...  And here I am, still alive.  When it is your time, He will take you.  But, yes when the young go home, it is more sad than some 90 year old who had a full life.   :-[

kevno

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 10:37:13 AM »

I know how you feel.  Over the years I have lost count of how many Patients I have seen die.  It is a very sad time.  I only found out on Tuesday that one of the patients had died.  His wife was expecting a baby in June.  I do not know if I do the right thing now, but I have been hurt so much in the past I try not to get to close to any of the patients now.  This may sound bad, but I only know a few of the patients first names.  Know all Nurses and Doctors first names. First patient who I saw die was in the bed next to me. Dave I was eight years old at the time.  We had be playing together that day. Never forget hem, that was 30 years ago now. My girlfriend died while she was having a transplant. I have decided. never again will I get close to a renal patient. 

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 11:04:03 AM »

I'm sorry.  I can't imagine.  :-[

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 09:21:11 PM »

I feel very sad that Life On Hold has died.  And I felt sad when JamieG died. 

I don't see any difference then when they are sitting beside you.  We are here to help one another.  We need to help one another at the dialysis centers too.

Just my opinion.   ???

kevno

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 01:40:09 PM »

:( Even on the message board you seem to get to know the patients you write to.   With your problems or try to help then out.   I have only been a member of I hate Dialysis, for a couple of months.  Even here the shock of a person who you replied to, only a few days a go. It seems worse than losing a patient on the unit for me.  I have separated ME from the patients on the unit. Just gone full blown on the web site. Not even thinking about any of us dieing.  God be with You Life on Hold, My all you worries  and pain now be gone.

Epoman.  would it be possible to have a remembrance page for renal just so we can remember the ones that have gone from this world.  Hopefully to a better place. Unfortunately it is a part of a renal patient life to see other renal patients die. We must never forget them.  They have gone through a lot.

Yours

Kevno
(No words can explain how I feel)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 02:06:24 PM »

:( Even on the message board you seem to get to know the patients you write to.   With your problems or try to help then out.   I have only been a member of I hate Dialysis, for a couple of months.  Even here the shock of a person who you replied to, only a few days a go. It seems worse than losing a patient on the unit for me.  I have separated ME from the patients on the unit. Just gone full blown on the web site. Not even thinking about any of us dieing.  God be with You Life on Hold, My all you worries  and pain now be gone.

Epoman.  would it be possible to have a remembrance page for renal just so we can remember the ones that have gone from this world.  Hopefully to a better place. Unfortunately it is a part of a renal patient life to see other renal patients die. We must never forget them.  They have gone through a lot.

Yours

Kevno
(No words can explain how I feel)

See this post:

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=280.0

I too have separated myself from my fellow 'unit' patients, but LifeOnhold's death really affected me I guess because she was my first member and she helped me get this place going. But I will be putting up the memorial page or section soon.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »