I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2024, 09:22:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Saying goodbye to my husbands NxStage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saying goodbye to my husbands NxStage  (Read 4444 times)
vcarmody

« on: July 05, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »

We got the call today that we are going to have to return my husbands cycler.  He got a transplant 2 weeks ago and so far everything is good.  I thought I had read in prior post that most NxStage users kept there machine for a month or two just in case.  I'm kinda sad, we had that machine for just short of 3 years, it has been to almost every Caribbean Island the Bahamas and Atlantic City. We never had any issues with his machine, one time we went in center and used the NxStage cycler there for an iron infusion and I wanted to beat that machine to death, I have never had to deal with so many alarms.  It's sad to see it go, but happy my hubby is free of it.  We have tons of supplies and we were told NxStage will pick them up to,  Does anyone know if this is true?  I know they shipped me way to many drain lines and they said they could not take them back, so I find it strange they will pick up 50 boxes of bags, 4 boxes of cartridges, 2 boxes of drain lines and 1 box of MLA's. 

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »

Oh, you sentimental thing, you! :rofl;  Take a picture and frame it. :2thumbsup;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »

I had to take everything back to my center - no pickups for me.  That was years ago, though, so they may have changed the policy.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

WishIKnew

Alports, dialysis '07-'12,cancer'11,transplant '12

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »

I like the picture idea!

Glad things are going well!
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »

Ours was picked up within days of Carl's transplant. The clinic needed it for a new trainee.  :clap;

I have to admit that I felt kind of sad to see it go. BUT, it didn't take us long to get used to having it gone.

:2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
vcarmody

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »

I always thought they had to be cleaned before being given to a new person.  In that case I should just have the new trainee come pick it up.  He says he is starting training on the 23rd. 

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »

oh vcarmondy,, i was about to start looking you up to see how you guys were doing.. Looks to be great  :2thumbsup;  Im pretty sure i'd be feeling the same as you about the machine.  we seem to have a good one and though i'd LOVE to see ours go in one way, it has been good to us all the same.  I wonder if you could track it by it's number and ask for it by name if ya ever needed one again..hehe  God forbid!!!  Soooooo hows the healt going? and travel?  you guys were so good about not not letting dialysis hold you back.  I always admire that.  I wish you health and happiness and lots of time free of the chain ;)     :cuddle;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
vcarmody

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »

oh vcarmondy,, i was about to start looking you up to see how you guys were doing.. Looks to be great  :2thumbsup;  Im pretty sure i'd be feeling the same as you about the machine.  we seem to have a good one and though i'd LOVE to see ours go in one way, it has been good to us all the same.  I wonder if you could track it by it's number and ask for it by name if ya ever needed one again..hehe  God forbid!!!  Soooooo hows the healt going? and travel?  you guys were so good about not not letting dialysis hold you back.  I always admire that.  I wish you health and happiness and lots of time free of the chain ;)     :cuddle;

Were both still recovering from the transplant surgery.  Tuesday was 2 weeks, I am doing pretty good, just a little sore and tired.  He is still very sore, still has his staples.  He had blood work again today and everything is still good, his Creat is 1.1 and he needed no adjustments on his anti-rejection drugs.  He has lost almost 20 lbs in the last 6 weeks, he feels and looks good and for once his sugar is finally under control. 
We took and a 12 day cruise in March, on the 4th day my husband feel and broke his wrist. We still had a good time but I ended up not only doing his dialysis but having to help his dress, cut his food ect.  He felt so bad that when we got home he booked me a 6 day cruise with my daughter and he went in center so I could get a vacation from dialysis.  And then out of the blue they called us and said they wanted to do the transplant surgery in May or June, luckily it got scheduled just a few days after I got back from my cruise.   :cheer: 

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »

this is just beautiful news I LOVE IT!!  What wonderful things you do for eachother!  Im just tickled about that whole synerrio (wow, good speller ha)  anyway, i'd love to hear how your both doing at least for a while before your off to your new and improved life and have no time for this.. ;)  Im so happy for you, and pray for many many years of healthy kidney years for the both of you  :cuddle;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 11:44:15 PM »

Man o Man, all these wonderful people getting their new kidneys.  I always loved to hear of your cruise adventures with NxStage.  We were considering one last year, but loaded up for Florida instead.

This is awesome news Vcarmody, I know Chris is on cloud 9.  Although I love NxStage, there is no comparison here to his new buddy!!!

Again Congratulations,
God Bless,
lmunchkin :kickstart;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »