I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 11:18:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I had a fit
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I had a fit  (Read 1771 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: March 20, 2012, 09:41:18 PM »

I had a fit all over the NEW director of our dialysis unit the other night.  Three nights I have arrived at the center and found the door locked.  One night I could not get into the center and had to call them on my cell phone.  I pitched a fit at the director.  I even wrote them a letter. I was pissed!  The bell ont he door was not working.  The inside door was closed. No one heard me knock.  Then on the night I arrived there and the door was locked and the bell did not work.  He and the social director came to the door.  I hollered for five minutes at them!  If they did not leave the door unlocked for me or fix the bell soon, i would be back with another complaint.  Since then the door is unlocked when I get there.

I think I made an impression of ANGRY dialysis patient!  But for real, three times, I cannot get into the clinic???? And they know what time I show up every time???

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:56:27 PM »

I'd throw a fit too! Well more than that maybe  >:D

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »

Very Justified Fit!!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 02:28:59 AM »

I had to do this when Mum was on haemo...

She was arriving at the clinic at 6.30am, in the dark, and freezing cold, and the only door open was the revolving one... Not ideal for wheelchair users... Twenty minutes outside wasn't unusual... Not good enough...

I had to threaten to pursue the matter as discrimmination on the grounds of disability if they didn't sort it out... I was waving the Equal Status Act under their noses and reminding them of their obligations under it!...

Worked a treat!... They issued Mum with a swipe card for the regular door...

Sometimes you have to throw a tantrum any two year old would be proud of to get these people to do what they're paid for!...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:49:04 AM »

Wow, I keep reading these horror stories about kidney centers.  That is so different from what I experience at Loma Linda.  I am so thankful I don't have to endure an indifferent staff like most seem to do.  Some people just get into healthcare for the money.  That's like education.  Some teachers do it for the same reason.  But these professions are callings, not jobs, and if you're not feeling it you shouldn't be doing it.  Thankfully, most of these people don't last long.
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »

at my old center there was a door code, but was only given to staff/neph/nurse practitioner, at my new one there's a key, why can't we patients have a code/key too?

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »