I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 09:49:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Finally Get to see my new neph
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finally Get to see my new neph  (Read 2034 times)
needlephobic

« on: March 18, 2012, 09:38:10 PM »

I am so excited I get to see my new neph and hopefully get in to the new D center next week. Had to jump through so many hoops to get to see the neph so I hope he will be better than my former neph treat me like a person not a paycheck. Good thing about my new Neph he is on the transplant team up in the city woo hoo No more stupid looks like I care but don't charge $400.00 to just look at me and not help me. Had to set up the appointment so my former neph can hand over my care to my new neph still can't figure that one out. Give me the old school Your Fired Your Hired
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:00:50 AM »

I hope your new neph takes good care of you. You deserve it.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »

Hope all works out well for you NP.  You have been through alot and its time for some good things to happen for you!  Hang in there!

lmunchkin

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »

needlephobic, nice to hear from you again, sounds like things are working better for you.
needlephobic

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »

Yeah I hope it works out for the better with the new neph and D center. Right now where I am at on Sat they play on there cell phones while the alarms goes off there phones must be more important than our lives. Then the excuses I here they were supposed to set me up appointment with new neph and all I hear was his nurse had to get with the neph to set up the appointment. Question why does the neph's nurse have to get with him to set up the appointment. Last I looked the nurse has his schedule Right in front of her. This happened over a month and a half. I make 1 phone call and my appointment is setup in 5 five min. Makes me wonder who is being truthful here. Then there was the time I found out there was a IV drip order for me I asked who order it was told I don't know, I asked what was it for again I don't know so I told them no you are not giving me that stuff. They tried twice to give that IV drip refused twice. The Neph came by to see me and I asked him if it was protocol to give me meds not knowing what it was for and not knowing who if was from. He told they would have eventually found out. OK when I am in the hospital almost dead. I knew then I needed a new neph and had to get out of there before they killed me       
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 07:16:06 AM »

Wow. You're right to stick up for yourself. If you don't who will?
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »

My kidney center is a whole different experience.  The nurses are  all competent and nice, and they help each other out.  I see a lot of different doctors, they rotate, and they're all pretty good.  They really seem to care about their patients.   :grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 09:55:23 PM »

I have Davita as a center and Kaiser for doctors.  Talk about a lack of communication.  Sigh!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »