I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 04:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  My fellow caregivers...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My fellow caregivers...  (Read 9327 times)
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 05:25:23 AM »

Oh Poppy, aren't we silly. We worry about our loved ones and all they are going through and when some thing happens to us we think the worse, and they just shrug it off. I am really skinny, lost lots of weight that I can not afford too with stress, yesterday I caught my arm on a door handle, a frigging door I have gone through for years, I was carrying empty dialysis box's to the bin. It ripped the skin off my arm, neigh peeled it back just like snake skin. It was horrible, shouted hubby, who took his time, I thought I was bleeding to death he just said "stick a plaster on it" I am glad you have stopped worrying about your growth and that you are getting it seen too. I sometimes feel that us carers  are not allowed to be ill.
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »

Okay, that shouldn't have made me laugh billyb but it did.  Sorry!  Men, eh?! *huggles* for your arm.

;D

(My thigh is now growth free! He didn't anaesthetise it, he just yanked and it came out.  I felt like a numpty and he laughed at me for being petrified.  You do realise that having your kidney removed is going to need you to be a million times braver, he said.  D'oh!  It was ever-so nasty though, the little black thing, and I hope I never get another one; it made me feel like a real skank!)

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 02:46:03 PM »

Hubby has been looking after me the past few days.  I have a very inflamed rotater cuff in my shoulder that has pinched off a nerve and my arm is numb with pins and needles in my fingers as well as.  I had pain severe enough yesterday morning that I had to wake hubby at 4:30 a.m to take me to emerg.  I was in tears when I woke him.  I am on NSAIDS and rest.  I'm off work for all this week.   The pain is much better now but my arm is still numb and I have the pins and needles.  My right arm feels like it belongs to somebody else. Sort of doesn't do what I want it to do!!  :Kit n Stik;  I am still able to hook him up to dialysis though even though it hurts a lot. 

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 03:37:53 PM »

thats so awful Del..... Im so sorry your in so much pain.  I hope it's going to be better soon.  I alway worry that something will happen to me and that i wont be able to do the hookup..I wish you well..  :grouphug;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 04:49:16 AM »

Just wanted to put this thread at the top again.  Think we forgot about it!!! 

My shoulder is doing really well.  No pain anymore.  Haven't taken pills for about 2 weeks and not using ice anymore.  had to take a week off work back in October  because of the bum shoulder!!  Now I have laryngitis and a bit of a cold.  Been off work the past 2 days.  I teach grade 2 and you can't do that without a voice. I only have 8 students but still need to be able to talk.  I went to the school yesterday for a few minutes to give the substitute some things and I was almost knocked over at the door when the students came running to give me a hug!!  :grouphug; Gotta love them!! 
The main thing though is that hubby says he feels better than he has at any point in his life.  :yahoo;  He is cutting firewood with one of his buddies.  They have a big pile home now and packed up in the yard.  He is finally coming to terms with his mother having dementia and being in a nursing home.  He had a terrible time when he had to put her there but there was no way possible for us to look after her. 
it's always nice to hear how others are doing whether it be good or bad and we are there to support each other.  :cuddle;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »

Del, Nice to hear you are doing better, and that the kids miss you at school, shows you must be a lovely teacher. Hope you get over your cold soon.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »