I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 12:16:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Yellow Diarrhea
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yellow Diarrhea  (Read 3477 times)
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« on: October 17, 2011, 07:36:02 AM »

Mom has had yellow diarrhea for two days. Yesterday she said it was orange. She did have her gall bladder taken out a few years ago. Not sure if that is related.

I called her nephrologist and am waiting for his call. I'll keep you posted on what is causing this. I'm assuming there should be testing done. Mom tells me that they ask her at dialysis if she's had diarrhea. She says no and I ask her why she doesn't tell them. Can't be sure she will so that's why I called neph.

Diarhhea in general has kept her somewhat housebound and she is getting a bit afraid to eat. She is also nauseous but doesn't throw up. There are a few things I see that cause this. It happens almost right after she's eaten (lately). I think I've talked about this before. Just seems to be getting worse.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:46:17 PM »

The neph told me to call her primary. Guess not directly related to dialysis. It probably is her gall bladder removal. I've read that this is common. Just wanted to know from the neph if it was okay for mom to take Welchol or Colestid. Guess I'll be calling him again after her primary doc appt.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 05:24:24 PM »

ODAT....this may not be related to dialysis but it doesn't sound like a good thing.  Keep us posted on how it goes.   :grouphug;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:19:58 PM »

Yellow poop can be a sign of an intestinal infection as well as other things. Yes, you should definitely call the Dr.  Funny as it may sound, but our poop tells us a lot about our current health status. I hope it is something that can be resolved quickly!

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »

Dr. Oz did a show on this exact topic, don't remember much about it though as I was on dialysis that day.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »

Mom hasn't had any more yellow stuff so it doesn't sound like a chronic condition.

She still has uncontrolled bouts of diahhrea. She gets afraid to eat or leave her house. She takes immodium.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »