I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  kt/V Range
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: kt/V Range  (Read 3385 times)
greeneyesinva

« on: October 29, 2011, 08:25:30 AM »

Hi, there!!

My dad, who is an elderly man on HD, asked me to post a question as to if anyone knows if there is an outside number or range on an acceptable kt/V figure for HD patients. His kidney center nurses and nurse practitioner have told him that anything over 1.20 is acceptable but they don't seem to have an outside figure or range to share with him.

Thanks for your help!
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 02:41:52 PM »

This will be an interesting thread as i think different centers have different standards.  Not real sure about that but seems that we have discussed it before.  We are on home hemo, and mabie the differences were homve vs center but we shall see :)

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:59:22 AM »

http://www.davita.com/kidney-disease/overview/symptoms-and-diagnosis/understanding-your-lab-work/e/4724   here is a link about understanding blood labs. It says here also that 1.20 and above is good but of course, verify all your questions with the clinic or the Dr. Every patient has a different medical history.

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
greeneyesinva

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 07:10:12 AM »

Thank you for the link...very interesting. I have printed it out and will share with my dad...he has asked the team at the kidney center and his (nephrology) nurse practitioner and they seem to have no idea what the top figure for an acceptable kt/V might be...it's billed as a "cutting edge" center, but sometimes I think they get too busy there and the patients become numbers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »