I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 02:47:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  My Update
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Update  (Read 1512 times)
Sandi1313

« on: October 31, 2011, 11:24:50 AM »

Hello Alll,
I thought I would give an UPDATE on what has been going on.On the 21st of this month,my boyfriend & I went to the UW medical center in Seattle,Wash.This is where I went through some medical examines for a possbile kidney transplant.This Friday morning,I'll be getting a mammogram done.Then in 2 weeks,we will go see a doctor about a colonscopy.We've been doing alot of research about my chronic illness.We realized if I do get place on the OFFICAL waiting list.That the kidney that I get will be a gift.

These past monhs have been hard.Couple of my family memembers can't believe that I'm seriously sick.My younger brother was in denial.When he learned that I was seriously sick.At first he did not know what to think or sday to me.My mom wasm't sure how she should treat me.I told her that I wanted her to love me like she would normally do.I to;d her that I stilll wanted her love & hugs.I told my brother that I don't have the disease.It has ME.I realize that he seem to treat me alittle bit differently.

Thanks for wellcoming me in this special group of friends.
Sandi1313
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »

Sandi, I'm very glad to see you here. Support & encouragement are so important in these times. In all this physical stuff sometimes we forget how important a positive spirit and our mental health needs to be also. It was only until not too long ago about near 4 years that people started realizing how sick my husband was so I understand how you feel. It's hard to get a grasp on this at times. The disease may have some control of your physical body, but YOU have a control of your being and spirt! Someday are harder than others, but there is life TODAY. TODAY there is a fresh air outdoors to breath. A sun to shine down upon your face. A cool breeze to wake your spirit. A laughter in your heart, a twinkle in your eye. A tear of happiness streaming down your cheek that YOU, still have YOU. Carolyn

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »

For those of us who have this horrible disease, it is important to remember that our loved ones need support, too, and they often don't get it from anyone but us.  That may be unfair, that we sick ones should "support" the well ones, but sometimes, that's just the way it is.  Your family needs to work through a whole myriad of emotions just like you do.  If they didn't love you, they wouldn't care and they wouldn't need support.  Oftentimes what is needed is information, so try to educate your family as much as you can.  They deserve the power of knowledge just like you do.

I'm glad you joined, and I hope that we can support you AND your family.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:01:03 AM »

Maybe give them something to read about kidney failure and dialysis.  If you don't know anything about it then you are scard and back away.

Just a thought.           :waving;

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »