I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 02:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Cobra terminated due to glitch no perscription coverage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cobra terminated due to glitch no perscription coverage  (Read 1492 times)
dyann

« on: October 14, 2011, 06:52:41 AM »

The Kidney foundation has been paying my cobra Medical and perscription ins  of which I am very grateful, however there was an increase in the monthly payment back in jan no one knew about it,  so they kept sending out the payments then I get a letter stating I was behind in Payments by 212.00 so I call my clinic and they get ahold of the foundation and there was a payment sent and it was to cover to the end of november no worries.  Yesterday I receive a letter that my coverage was terminated due to payments not in a timely manner.  because of the increase they were getting the wrong monthly payment and instead of informing the foundation they just kept taking the money until it finally went in the red and then terminated me.  so I now have no perscription coverage and the doctors dont have some of my meds in the office so I am pretty much screwed right now  they are filing an appeal but that could take 30 days  I mean people are working on getting it fixed but where does that leave me while they are fixing it.       frustrated.
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 03:51:35 PM »

That's appalling. They just jerk you around don't they? I'm suing my insurance company to restore my long term disability benefits. They just hope you won't fight back and then probably get a bonus for saving the company some money. I hope your doctor or social worker can help you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »