I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 02:51:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Carnival Cruise Oct. 21, 2012 sailing out of Baltimore MD.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carnival Cruise Oct. 21, 2012 sailing out of Baltimore MD.  (Read 4678 times)
vcarmody

« on: September 12, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »

I am planning our next two cruises and have found this one listed in the title for an extremely reasonably rate.  Was wondering if any other NxStage user would like to try and get together and take this vacation together?  I heard the one that was being planned has been cancelled because no one really wants to go to Mexico.  We just came back yesterday from Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau and I loved both Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay (Nassau was a little to over built for me, but Atlantis was nice).  Inside is starting at 529.00 a person, 609.00 for ocean view, 619.00 for a balcony, 1019.00 for a suite.  I am sure if we have a group we will get lower prices.  It is a 7 day cruise (Sun to Sun), it is going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay Bahamas and Freeport Bahamas.   If anyone is interested let me know.   

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
vcarmody

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 03:22:08 AM »

I have set this cruise up as a group for a bunch of my friends and family. If any NxStage user would like to join us on the group booking it is open for anyone.  I was able to get it set up for a reduced deposit of 25.00 a person, total deposit of 250.00 a person is due by 05-2012 and final payment is due by Aug 2012.  Rooms will not be assigned until the full 250.00 a person deposit is received.  Each room will receive a bottle of wine or champagne a 25.00 on board credit and a Carnival sponsored cocktail party.  This is a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore MD (prices are a little more then the early saver rate and that is because we are only putting a 25.00 deposit down, I understand if you put the full 250.00 and get the early saver rate your deposit is nonrefundable, but non early saver rate it is fully refundable until final payment in Aug). Being able to book with just 25.00 makes this an affordable way to plan a vacation.  Prices below are double occupancy and do not include taxes of 73.17 pp.  25.00 pp holds a state room in one of the following categories:
8C Balcony 744.00 pp
8B Balcony 729.00 pp
4K Interior 594.00 pp
4C Interior 574.00 pp
4 B Interior 569.00 pp
If you would like to join this group just let me know and I will give you my travel agents email so you can get in on the reduced deposit.  Must put the initial deposit down by Oct 10, 2011 to join the group.

vcarmody

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »

http://www.sailawaytours.com/cs/132393

This is a link to the flyer by the travel agency.  You can contact Cruise Planners directly if you would like to join this cruise. 
Not mentioned in the flyer is the 25.00 on board credit per state room and the 1 hour Carnival shared cocktail party (shared by all groups that book) Great way to meet new people!! 

vcarmody

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »

This group booking has been extended to December, so there is still time to book!!  http://www.sailawaytours.com/cs/132393  everything you need to know.

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 02:30:55 PM »

im so jealous and proud of ya all the same  ;D  and i see your a *star* in our nxstage flyer...  :2thumbsup;  pretty dang cool!!!  I just smiled big time reading that!!

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
vcarmody

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »

That's really sweet, Thanks!  This will be our sixth cruise with NxStage.  I find it the easiest and cheapest way to travel.  And I think traveling is really important for my husband.  His life has changed so much in the last two years and I think this helps him feel like he is not as helpless as he sometimes feels, plus it is nice for him to get out and meet and talk to people being that so much of his time is usually wrapped around treatments, doctors appointments and not feeling good.  I'm really hoping some other users will join us!!

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »

Bo wants a trip so bad. His hemoglobin HAS to come up before we can even think of anything.  He's just awful and was feeling so good that it makes it that much harder to watch him feel so lousy.  We think we 'may' have a handle on it and now that trip is extended.... well, we shal see... 

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
vcarmody

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »

I know how bad Bo feels, my husband had a real hard time with his hemoglobin.  We had a few cruises were my husband could hardly do anything, just getting him on the ship was a task. Of course we were new to dialysis so we had no clue what was wrong with him.  His hemoglobin dropped to under 6, we finally have it back up but it took a while. My husband actually knows now when it is decreasing. He had to get EPO weekly for a while (22,000 units a week)  until we got him back up. Now he gets 25,000 units monthly and iron infusions every two weeks.  As soon as he starts feeling like it is dropping his doctors has me draw his blood and if it is (and it always is) he orders more EPO and increasing his iron.  I sure hope Bo gets a handle on it soon, its horrible to watch someone you love struggle to just do the things they need to do everyday. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »