I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2024, 11:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Meds orderd for me with out asking me. Can they do that?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meds orderd for me with out asking me. Can they do that?  (Read 1586 times)
pitagory

Sorry guys for my spelling and punctuation

« on: October 13, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »

I get my meds through  Davita and  a local pharmacy. Today my nurse called me asking where do I get my meds, I told him where and he said my nephs office wanted to know. the next thing I Know  I get an email that my prescription is ready at my local pharmacy. Now the problem is I just got most of these prescriptions already this month and I get most of them through Davita because they don't charge me a copay and are on automatic order.well my neph office ordered all my prescriptions at my local pharmacy and now I have like a $100 dollar copay I know its not much to some but to me it is, especially since I am on a fixed income. I know I don't have to pick them all up but it upsets me that they should have ask me first, if I needed any more meds,  before putting in a prescription for me. Don't they think I can do any thing by my self!!!! Jeez I am not 5 years old people :Kit n Stik;
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:40:06 PM by pitagory » Logged

"I dont need easy,  I just need posible"
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »

They can order them. They can't make you pick them up or pay for them. If you tell the pharmacy you don't want them, they can put them back as long as you haven't touched them. Go back and tell them how you want things handled and get them to do it right.
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »

Mine always asks.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »

tell your neph's office you don't need any help  ordering. thank them very much for their effort and don't pick up what they ordered. the pharmacy will return them to stock in 3 to 7 days depending on the pharmacy,

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 08:44:49 PM »

Yup, get out the phone and get out the stick!   :Kit n Stik;

I'd call the pharmacy and tell them the doc's call was an error, just to be polite.  Then I'd let the office have it - and make sure they know you do NOT want them to order anything for you unless you specifically request it.  Tell them you want it noted in their file.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »