I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2024, 01:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  my clinic is now a Davita clinic...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my clinic is now a Davita clinic...  (Read 2784 times)
tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« on: September 01, 2011, 11:26:09 PM »

Will be interesting to see if there will be many heads to roll and if there will be many changes to my clinic... I am the only one that is doing Nxstage extended... I hope that doesnt change... I am sure the paper work will... its always a little stressfull when a new business takes over... sometimes there is little change and then ..well its always hard to change... I am worried about the new anemia measurments... I have already had to reduce my hemoglobin and I am feeling the effects. 

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »

Oh Tye...sorry to say this but...welcome to the world of corporate dialysis...I sure hope things go smoothly!   :grouphug;

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »

Was your unit a DSI unit? I've think you've said DCI but that's totally different  :lol;

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
Marina

God Bless my donor family!! :)

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 03:00:42 PM »

The  unit  I   went  to  was  bought  over  by  DaVita  as  well.
The  reason the  unit  was  put  up  for  sale  was  due to  the  new  bundling  system.
The  hospital  that  ran  the  unit  decided  that  with the  new  bundling  system  it  was  not  a profit  business  anymore. 

I'm  very  close  to  my former  PD  nurse,  whom  decided to  stay  with  DaVita.
She  really likes  the  way  things  are,    so far  so  good!!
Although she  mentioned  that  the Hemo  unit  had  alot of  changes,  including  change  of  personnel,  which  Patients  might  not   like.  We  humans  are  creatures of habit.      Hopefully  they  will be  great  nurses  like the  former   hemo  nurses.

"Anything is possible, if  you  BELIEVE....."  ~~~Joel  Osteen

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift..... That is why it is called the present"

Nov 1979 ~ Diabetes 
Apr. 2004- Nov 2010 ~ CAPD
Nov 9, 2010 ~  Received the  THE  GIFT OF LIFE at 
California Pacific  Medical  center  (CPMC)  in San  Francisco,  CA
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »

oh tye, i just read this after reading YOU GOT THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CALL!!!  Im so happy for you and amazing that when you wrote  this you had no idea.  AMAZING!!  hope all is well

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 10:14:53 PM »

He he he...now you can go to Davita and tell them to go screw themselves.   :P >:D

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
daveosaurus

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »

He he he...now you can go to Davita and tell them to go screw themselves.   :P >:D

That's my dream. To tell DaVita where to go. They don't listen to me at all. They're real good at lecturing and threatening though. For instance, today they were threatening to call the doctor because I wouldn't let them take 6 liters off in 4 hours. I know from past experience that any more than 4 will put me in the hospital and even that leaves me so weak that I can barely stand and washed out for the rest of the day. I could barely manage to drive home afterward and I can't pay $23  + tip for a cab ride each way. At least not on a regular basis.

Yeah, my DaVita center is clean, has decent chairs, TV and wireless internet. But some of the techs could use an attitude adjustment. I'm not there to make them look good. I'm there for me.
mikey07840
Elite Member

Her royal highness Queen Ruth on her throne, RIP

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 04:39:06 AM »

I went from a non profit hospital run dialysis center in NJ to a Davita center when I moved to Pennsylvania. The Davita center is much better, they never try to cut my treatment short and the nurses and techs seem to care about me.

06/85 Diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes
10/04 Radical Nephrectomy (Kidney Cancer or renal cell carcinoma)
02/08 Started Hemodialysis
04/08 Started Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
05/08 Started CCPD (my cycler: The little box of alarms)
07/09 AV Fistula and Permacath added, PD catheter removed. PD discontinued and Hemodialysis resumed
08/09 AV Fistula redone higher up on arm, first one did not work
07/11 Mass found on remaining kidney
08/11 Radical Nephrectomy, confirmed that mass was renal cell carcinoma
12/12 Whipple, mass on pancreas confirmed as renal cell carcinoma

• Don't Knock on Death's door; Ring the bell and run away. Death hates that.

• I'm not a complete Idiot -- some parts are missing.
Lindia

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »

That's my dream. To tell DaVita where to go. They don't listen to me at all. They're real good at lecturing and threatening though. For instance, today they were threatening to call the doctor because I wouldn't let them take 6 liters off in 4 hours. I know from past experience that any more than 4 will put me in the hospital and even that leaves me so weak that I can barely stand and washed out for the rest of the day. I could barely manage to drive home afterward and I can't pay $23  + tip for a cab ride each way. At least not on a regular basis.

Yeah, my DaVita center is clean, has decent chairs, TV and wireless internet. But some of the techs could use an attitude adjustment. I'm not there to make them look good. I'm there for me.

Daveosaurus  -  are the techs at DaVita "sodium profiling"  you ? ?    They were doing that to my hubby, and once we had them stop, he's not nearly so thirsty, he drinks a lot less, and he feels better.  He does have residual function, so they never pull off more than 2.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »