I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 05:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Ok, whose cage do i need to rattle?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ok, whose cage do i need to rattle?  (Read 2232 times)
The Noob

« on: September 20, 2011, 03:46:09 AM »

living donor coordinator has not returned calls to our donor in 3 months. tx nurse says team still has not scheduled a date to look at DH kidney scans. thats the last of it we were told, then set the surgery date. tx nurse says team wants like 6 patients scans to read at a time, not just 1-2. so this is dragging on. eval was june. almost october, all criteria done.
what options do we have to help get this ball rolling?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:47:22 AM by The Noob » Logged
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »

Keep calling them, leave messages, bug them!!    It all does take time.  No one seems to be in a hurry but us!  My potential donors didn't get past the initial blood draws and crossmatch, so I don't know why they want everyone scans at the same time.  Patience was really the main thing kidney failure has taught me.  I am not a patient person normally.    Keeping you in my thoughts.     :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:35:22 AM »

Patience was really the main thing kidney failure has taught me.
I second that!  For months nothing would happen and then all of a sudden everything would happen at once.  Then it would all go quiet for a while again and I'd be thinking we'd been forgotten ...

;D

I hope the ball starts rolling again soon.

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:14:09 AM »

One of our potential donors withdrew after not hearing from the transplant center for that long. He had a window of opportunity that closed making it very inconvenient to donate. they dragged their feet with him for 6 months!

:banghead;

I agree. Keep calling! Be a squeaky wheel.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
The Noob

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 06:02:06 AM »

made the calls again. today tx nurse called me, said they finally read his scans. i had taken him to surgeon tuesday and again asked him to intercede on DH behalf. also the Neph at last week appt.
so, they are now saying they want yet another scan, as they see something they don't like. he has 4-5 of these, all come back "normal cysts"..including this recent one. now they want it done with ivp dye, and one without ivp dye..???
he is allergic to the ivp dye. so now waiting to hear more.

also told her that our donor is losing interest and has a possible job offer out of state. so our window of oppty is closing too. might be that living donor nurse has not returned a call from donor is 3 months?

oh yeah, it is written in large letters across every chart he has, Allergy: IVP DYE
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:10:24 AM by The Noob » Logged
The Noob

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »

ok, so i called tx nurse yesterday. left message to fax DH records to U of M so we can get him dual listed. said their facility was taking too long. she left message today, said head surgeon is now handling it, now wants MRI. as DH can't have ivp dye for yet another ct scan. we should know about that in a couple days. she did sound a tad anxious that we would go elsewhere.
i can almost see us going through the home hemo training, then get the call for the surgery date..LOL..
well at any rate we'll have our eggs in more than one basket.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »